shape
carat
color
clarity

I am OUT OF CONTROL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a support group for kitchen gadget freaks and gourmetfoodaholics? I just bought two cookbooks by Nigella Lawson, one of my favorite chefs -- ya gotta love someone who has a recipe for deep fried candy bars -- and now I can''t stop myself from buying kitchen gadgets and gourmet foodstuffs. I now own a salt pig for cryin'' out loud. And to go in that salt pig, I had to buy Fleur de Sel de Camargue ($11 for 4 oz). Oh, and I bought a mezzaluna, you can''t have a proper kitchen without a mezzaluna.

And last night I discovered chefshop.com and will have to take out a loan to pay for my addiction. I can hardly wait to get my Argan oil ($30 for 250 ML), blood orange oil, Muscovado sugar, kaffir lime leaves, creamed coconut, pumpkinseed oil, hazelnut oil, orange flower water and I''m only getting warmed up here.

Did I mention the vegie peeler -- so perfect you barely have to apply pressure and I''m still trying to make up my mind what size mortar & pestle to get -- the one I like best is $80!!!

Somebody stop me.....
face21.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Life is just not complete until one has a microplane.
37.gif
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh yeah baby, I''m looking at ''em. And, while they seem common, I''m also upgrading my whisk collection. pant, pant.
3.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geez, Steve, just what I needed, another temptation. I''m gonna have to sell some of my bling to support my habit.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2004 5:48
6.gif
5 PM
Author:Matata
Is there a support group for kitchen gadget freaks and gourmetfoodaholics? I just bought two cookbooks by Nigella Lawson, one of my favorite chefs -- ya gotta love someone who has a recipe for deep fried candy bars -- and now I can't stop myself from buying kitchen gadgets and gourmet foodstuffs. I now own a salt pig for cryin' out loud. And to go in that salt pig, I had to buy Fleur de Sel de Camargue ($11 for 4 oz). Oh, and I bought a mezzaluna, you can't have a proper kitchen without a mezzaluna.

And last night I discovered chefshop.com and will have to take out a loan to pay for my addiction. I can hardly wait to get my Argan oil ($30 for 250 ML), blood orange oil, Muscovado sugar, kaffir lime leaves, creamed coconut, pumpkinseed oil, hazelnut oil, orange flower water and I'm only getting warmed up here.

Did I mention the vegie peeler -- so perfect you barely have to apply pressure and I'm still trying to make up my mind what size mortar & pestle to get -- the one I like best is $80!!!

Somebody stop me.....
face21.gif
That's an addiction?!?!
6.gif
Oh boy..am I'm in trouble...
And we were just discussing closing in the garage and extending the kitchen out to take up that space! I think I need therapy now....

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
The Blood Orange Oil is sold out!! How many of those did you buy?!
6.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2004 7:21:52 PM
Author: Matata
Geez, Steve, just what I needed, another temptation. I''m gonna have to sell some of my bling to support my habit.
32.gif

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON''T DO IT MATATA!!!!!!!!!

emotion-5.gif

Chef

Rough_Rock
If you haven''t checked out eGullet.org
One of the best food sites on this net. Great for all your cooking and dining needs.
Anything can be found along with get recipes for all those oil''s.

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never mind the gadgets, Matata. I can do without them. I am coming over to your house to *eat*!

BTW, there are some fun USENET baking and cooking groups. I sometimes read rec.food.baking and rec.food.cooking. The discussion of the presidential election was much more animated on rec.food.cooking than it was here ;-).

Deborah

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Chef!! I could spend the next year leafing through the fine spirits and cocktails subforum
18.gif

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Matata,

I''m Indonesian... some of those exotic ingredients are quite common over here..

So.. if you want relatively easy recipes that uses some of those weird ingredients, like kaffir lime leaf, galangal, turmeric, etc., let me know. I''ll dig through mom''s recipes.
9.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katbadness, how sweet you are to offer recipes. Please share all you can when you can either by PM. email, or posting here. Most of the stuff I bought because of recipes in my cookbooks but I am every grateful for more. I love to experiment in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results