shape
carat
color
clarity

I am not nice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Last night I was at an arena event where the lighting was really, really good for my new diamond. It was like being in 15 different jewelry stores at once. I was (not so) surreptitiously watching my ring out of the corner of my eye, dancing and throwing rainbows and lighting up with fire. There were some ladies sitting next to me who had on some huge honking rings, so I watched theirs for a while. Lady #1 had on what looked like a 3.5 carat radiant with trilliant side stones. It faced up nice and white. You know what? There was no sparkle. It was like she had a painting of a ring on her finger. It didn''t interact with the lighting at all. Lady #2 had on probably about a 2.5 carat round. It looked real, all right, but it was dead, and it was yellow. Granted, it could have been an heirloom piece, but it looked like it was an L color. I have an I color, and it looked nice and white in the same lighting.

I spent the rest of the night wiggling my ring and gloating. Even though it''s less than half the size of the ladies sitting next to my, it had 100x the life.

I don''t think I''m very nice. But I sure do like my new ring!
27.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing wrong with strutting your stuff :)

Remember a diamond is forever and so is ugly !

solange

Brilliant_Rock
What is the point of buying a beautiful diamond if you don''t enjoy it? I think it is great that you appreciate the special qualities of your stone rather than looking around to see if someone else has something bigger.

It is a waste of money to buy a diamond if you do not appreciate its beauty. You should not feel guilty because you have something you enjoy. That is a wonderful trait. ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
haha, i love it!!!! glad your diamond continues to mesmerize you... :) diamonds are endless hours of entertainment hehe

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
LOL.....you go girl! I have a problem when grocery shopping because my ring really distracts me and I just have to hope not to hit another shopper or their cart. Gotta love those lights and a well cut stone!! Enjoy your beauty
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
And be careful driving.
3.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
You''re too hard on yourself!!
9.gif
I do the exact same thing... don''t feel bad
16.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
sports arenas are THE best for sparklie rainbow diamonds!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Greg has this one church that his symphony plays in sometimes..and I just sit there and wiggle my hand because the lighting is fabulous in there!! also low lighting in restaurants is fabulous or track lighting/recessed lighting!

has anyone seen that recent HOF commercial where the gal is coming in and out of her parking spot on the same arc over and over...half in, half out, half in, half out..then they show inside the car and she has her hand on the steering wheel and she is admiring the sparkle as she moves forward them back, forward then back.

Hilarious...and of course not only HOF diamonds do that, but the general sentiment is SO TRUE! We love waching these babies sparkle!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Haven''t seen the commercial, but I know what you mean! Low lighting is great!! The other night DH and I were in a wine bar that had that real classy, sophisticated vibe-thing going on, and the lighting was terrific!!! My rings were blinding me
10.gif

Starbucks has some real great lighting, too.
30.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
If that makes you "not nice" then I am down right RUDE. I have been engaged for a year now and I STILL stare at my own hand. AND TO MAKE MATTER WORSE, I stare at OTHER PEOPLES TOO! When I go on public outings, I look forward to RING OGLEING! And I GET CAUGHT ALL THE TIME!

What can you do? At least I''m not checking out other mens asses or something.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Treysar! yes, I''m the same way!!! The other night I was out with some friends, they were talking to me and I could not for the life of me concentrate on what they were saying cause I was hopeless trying to check out the girl at the table next to me''s bling!!
20.gif

She kept moving her hand and in the lighting I kept seeing all this sparkle. I was trying not to be obvious to either her or my friends. The girl probably thought I was checking *her* out!! My friends are talking and all I can think is '' darn it woman, quit moving your hand around so I can see your darn ring!!!''

Am I obsessed or what?!
20.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love to stare at other women's ring too and i'm a guy
9.gif
.i hope they don't think i'm checking them out,well ..sometime i do that too
31.gif
i also like to stare at my wife's ring (under different lightings) when we're out in public....just want to make sure i got what i pay for.
16.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
This will make you laugh.

I was at a hockey game over the weekend, and the lady next to me had a nice ring. So I was looking at hers, then at mine. But I didn''t want to be obvious. A few minutes later I was petting my fiance''s head, and he said, really loud,

"WHY ARE YOU LOOKING IN MY EAR?".

DUH, busted, I was looking at MY RING as I was petting his head. I just felt like a bonehead. SO i whispered why and he cracked up laughing.
41.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 1:39:58 PM
Author: treysar

I was at a hockey game over the weekend, and the lady next to me had a nice ring. So I was looking at hers, then at mine. But I didn''t want to be obvious. A few minutes later I was petting my fiance''s head, and he said, really loud,

''WHY ARE YOU LOOKING IN MY EAR?''.

DUH, busted, I was looking at MY RING as I was petting his head. I just felt like a bonehead. SO i whispered why and he cracked up laughing.
41.gif
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 1:39:58 PM
Author: treysar

''WHY ARE YOU LOOKING IN MY EAR?''.

41.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
That''s Hilarious!!!!!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
OMG I''M LAUGHING SO HARD!!! That was HILARIOUS!!!

STILL LAUGHING OUT LOUD -- too much for an abbreviation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I had never noticed diamonds before. Prolly cuz pretty much every one I saw wasn''t a good cut. Now, even I (a guy) notice other people''s diamond jewelry.

I caught my g/f staring at her ring using teh light on her nightstand. I think she does it when she thinks I''m not around. I''m gonna have to surprise her more and see how often I catch her staring at it. Especially if she does it in public.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results