shape
carat
color
clarity

I am miserable..... and tomorrow is V-day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday felt great in the morning and then as the day progressed I started to get really congested with a stuffy nose , but no sore throat(extremely windy here yesterday, but I don''t have allergies) and this morning my right eye was crusted over. Oh, no I have conjunctivitis.... and a day before Valentine''s Day! DH was planning to go out for the evening and we have reservations at a great restaurant, but how can I go out looking like $hit!!! One eye is puffy, red, and stuff oozing out! I am seeing the doctor later this morning but can he perform miracles in less than a day?

BTW, should I throw out my eye makeup for fear it may be contaminated??

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Nope. Dont wear eyemakeup. Your DH will see you and want to take care of you. USE it to your ADVANTAGE!!!

Sorry you are feeling under the weather, but remember. You have a reason to celebrate every day. You have a wonderful hubby, and Valentines Day, you can celebrate any day you want.

Hugs **dust for an eye cleaning miracle!**

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could wear an eye patch and pretend you''re his sexy pirate vixen lady!! Just kidding (not really!), I hope your eye clears up before tomorrow evening.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
aww I hope you feel better! I would probably get rid of the eye makeup just to be safe, if it has germs on it, it could recontaminate you

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I''m so sorry.

Do tell the doctor what eye makeup you were using, maybe bring it in with you in case they''ll want to test it (though most docs wouldn''t bother). Ask them before throwing it out.

It''s possible they''ll just need to give you some anti-bac medication, and it may clear up very quickly, especially if it''s topical. Best of luck!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, I hope you feel better.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that - I always get sick at super inconvenient times too!

I really hope the doctor can give you something to clear it up soon!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Just came back from the doctors office and he thinks it is viral conjunctivitis. He told me to do cool compresses and use Visine to get rid of the redness. He also gave me a prescription for eye dropswit antibiotics in case it does not clear up in a couple of days, but said not to use eye makeup for a few days and it woudn''t be a bad idea to throw what I used out. (Ouch, I use Prescriptives and it''s not cheap!) I just finished off a big bowl of chicken and noodle soup and feel a bit better.

BTW, my DH liked the idea of wearing the eye patch, but he said lets save that for a time when I don''t have this nasty cold. A couple of weeks ago I broke my elbow and now this. I hope things like this doesn''t happen in 3s.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 1:41:48 PM
Author: soocool
Just came back from the doctors office and he thinks it is viral conjunctivitis. He told me to do cool compresses and use Visine to get rid of the redness. He also gave me a prescription for eye dropswit antibiotics in case it does not clear up in a couple of days, but said not to use eye makeup for a few days and it woudn''t be a bad idea to throw what I used out. (Ouch, I use Prescriptives and it''s not cheap!) I just finished off a big bowl of chicken and noodle soup and feel a bit better.

BTW, my DH liked the idea of wearing the eye patch, but he said lets save that for a time when I don''t have this nasty cold. A couple of weeks ago I broke my elbow and now this. I hope things like this doesn''t happen in 3s.
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry you''re not feeling well. I would tell the Dr. how long ago you used your eye makeup - they can probably tell you if it''s okay. Maybe plan a Valentine''s take-out meal, complete with dessert, of course, and a movie. You won''t enjoy the evening, not matter how nice the restaurant, if you''re feeling sick and self-conscious about how you look. Hope you feel better really soon.
35.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 1:46:44 PM
Author: cellentani
I''m so sorry you''re not feeling well. I would tell the Dr. how long ago you used your eye makeup - they can probably tell you if it''s okay. Maybe plan a Valentine''s take-out meal, complete with dessert, of course, and a movie. You won''t enjoy the evening, not matter how nice the restaurant, if you''re feeling sick and self-conscious about how you look. Hope you feel better really soon.
35.gif
Actually that is a great idea! I feel very self conscious if I don''t look my best and believe me I don''t think anyone in the restaurant will appreciate my sneezing and coughing all over the place. Plus neither one of us has to be the designated driver so we can have a bottle of wine.

Thanks everyone!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So sorry you don''t feel well! Bad timing on top of feeling horrible! Hope you get better soon and you and DH have a nice time no matter what you decide to do.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 2:50:23 PM
Author: Burk
So sorry you don''t feel well! Bad timing on top of feeling horrible! Hope you get better soon and you and DH have a nice time no matter what you decide to do.
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results