shape
carat
color
clarity

I am looking at buying an engagement ring on Ebay.

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
I have done it before 8 years ago, and ended up with a beautiful ring (diamond E vvs1) from a vendor. I am tempting to go with another one this time just because of the selection.
Has anyone heard of Diamonds by Elizabeth seller on Ebay?
Thank you

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I looked at some of the listings. A couple of things stand out to me. For one thing, the pictures are all computer generated, so you can't see the actual items you are buying. Secondly, they don't give out the GIA report number, and the stats on the diamonds are very vague.

Is there a reason you are buying from ebay specifically? Ebay has some pretty high fees, so oftentimes you will get a better deal through other online vendors.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not getting that seller name to come up. Can you please link a random item from her so we can easily see her listings?

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Putting this here:

http://goel-tala-diamonds.pissedconsumer.com/poor-construction-chipped-diamonds-and-broke-casting-refusing-4800-refund-buyer-beware-20140915534370.html

It's kind of hard to condemn a dealer because a few people had a bad experience. But the mark of a good dealer is fixing your mistakes.

I'll also point out that this is a jewelry store, not a private individual selling a piece they no longer want for some reason, nor a used stone dealer who buys up the private sales, cleans them up, vets them, and resells them at a markup. Those are where the good deals come from.

If I were in your position, I'd look at local sellers and/or the recommended vendors for cheaper pieces first. There's nothing super special about their stuff, and it might save you some headaches.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think you can rule that one out! Pays to check the reviews for sure, and I would never, ever buy an item that didn't have actual photos of the item for sale.

If you tell us what you are looking for, we'd be happy to point you to reliable sources with good prices. There is one vendor we know here that falls into that category and does sell some things on ebay, but it is always best to contact the jeweler directly rather than potentially pay more due to the seller ebay fees.

ID Jewelry http://idjewelry.com/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebay is a different place now than it was years ago. A lot of people selling things for retail prices so it doesn't make sense to go through ebay.

Let's see what you have in mind for a style, shape of center stone, and budget. And what we can find for you.

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Could you recommend any on-line vendors? I live in Los Angeles, so it could also be someone in the diamond district, or even in New York, as we are going there next month.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I.D. Jewelry is in the diamond district in NYC and has a LOT of reviews here. I have not bought from them, but my sister has. They are known for good quality and prices. Tell them you found them on Pricescope and you want good quality diamonds. They will know what that means! I put their website above, but there are more pictures of things on FB and IG.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe try 1st dibs, I've seen some pricescope folk get deals and you can negotiate

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
David Klass is in LA.

What are you looking for? What is your budget. We can help you.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will occasionally get pulled in by an eBay seller and will scroll through all their stuff. But after dealing with my local "pawn shop" dealers for years I get it. The high quality bargains are few and far between. These dealers acquire inventory through buying jewelry for the value of the gold and either scrap it or put "nicer" pieces up for sale. Once in a blue moon they will have something outstanding enough to be worthwhile. If you know your stuff you can get a deal, otherwise ... not a good place to buy.

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your valuable advices.
I have heard of King of Jewerly in LA, any thoughts on them?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results