shape
carat
color
clarity

I am going to be a Casablance bride!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I posted several pics of dresses in previous threads. I fell in LOVE with Casa 1897 but as you may remember, I was worried about the asymmetrical waistline and the visibility of it. It's a gorgeous dress and I felt fantastic, but that waistline was something I just couldn't get over.

So yesterday I went to a Casa trunk show. It was the Glamour Collection. It is all plus size dresses (size 16 or 18 an up). Yes I'm a curvy girl. And throughout this dress shopping process I discovered that I want to show some curves. I also discovered that I needed (or liked) a slim-line dress with a skirt that wasn't terribly full. I"m 5'10" and those big poofy skirts just made me look like a giant. Yesterday I realized that Empire waists make me look disproportionate. I have a longer torso and empire waists make me look really long from where the waist sits down. It just didn't make me look right. I think shorter peeps look better in empire waists. What a learning experience this had been!

So yesterday I ordered Casablanca 1918! http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/1/9 I had actually tried this on months ago but it was a size 12 and WAY too small. So I didn't like it. Yesterday I loved it! It wasn't in white, but they had smaller size in white that I got to look at. It is gorgeous! The size I tried on was 2 sizes 2 big, so I don't have any good pics. The clips just wouldn't hold this dress. It's so sparkly in person! I can't wait! I ordered a veil as well. I am in shock! I've been shopping since May. I went to every store in driving distance. My mom and I even took a road trip to Low's Bridal in Arkansas! I ended up ordering this from the store that is closest to my house. It's a weird feeling for the hunt to be over. Curvy girls - the Glamour Trunk show is well worth going to! :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
That dress is lovely! I also wore a Casablanca dress and I still think it is the most beautiful dress!! Can't wait to see it on you!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
can't wait to see pictures! beautiful dress!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your dress! It's stunning!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress, I can't wait to see pics of you in it!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! :) I can't wait to really try it on when it comes in. Though I know it will be too big because I'm losing weight rather well and expect to have to have it altered. I am still in shock. I've had second thoughts, I will admit. But I guess that's to be expected when I've tried on SO many dresses. :) I just hope this truly does give me the shape that I want. Because it was too big it was hard to tell.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
that dress is gorg hoofbeats! can't wait to see "real" photos of you in it--don't second guess yourself, that is a stunning dress!

That dress is beautiful. I love the neckline! Good luck to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results