shape
carat
color
clarity

I am a sick SICK woman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Kind of like diamond forplay - oh, the pain.

PD

Rough_Rock
My fiancee went through the same thing. Knowing what kind of woman I was marrying though, I had hidden the ring in an old, old, old, Ace bandage box,something that was in the apartment before she moved in, that she was probably afraid to look in. she looked everywhere (it was kind of fun for me, so i hid various jewelry boxes/bags in different places to throw her off and watch her squirm), and when i finally gave it to her i told her where it was hidden. we both got a big laugh out of it - especially her family since she used to do the same thing for christmas and brithday presents.

PD

Rough_Rock
Oh yeah, and she picked out both the diamond and the setting, she just had to find it though! luckily the ring box fit perfectly inside the ace bandage box, because if she had ever found it, she would have definitely looked.

detta

Rough_Rock
My now husband and I were going away for a weekend and I was pretty sure he had picked up the ring. He left the car to go into a store and I looked in his brief case. It was right there. I was torn. But I knew a) he would not be happy that I looked at it - no surprise after all his hard work and b) it wouldn't be as special for me when he did propose if I already knew exactly what it looked like. I can't believe I didn't look, but it was very nice to be so surprised and elated when he gave it to me!
wavey.gif

ThatKoreanGuy

Rough_Rock
two words. easter proposal. buy 100 jewelry boxes and hide them in the backyard. lol. but keep the real one in your pocket just to throw them off. haha, I'm gonna burn in hell for this idea. lol.
angryfire.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey KoreanGuy I like that idea! But while we are thinking Easter, how 'bout hiding those plastic eggs, and putting the ring in a magical GOLDEN egg?? Hmmmmm, KG, I think you're on to something here.......

You could also do it treasure hunt style, whereby you'd put a hint in each egg she finds until she finally finds "the one."
9.gif

Sorry, the Easter thing got me excited....
1.gif

ThatKoreanGuy

Rough_Rock
haha. and just as a joke have one around the 30th one say "now board a plane and head to katmandu where you'll find a man sitting on a rug in the town center his name is arajah" lol. then watch her face as she finishs reading that and then you propose to her from the real ring in your pocket. lol. like I said, I'm gonna burn in hell. lol.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHA! I can't stop laughing!!! This is great!
appl.gif

Diamondlil

magna2

Shiny_Rock
One word - KILLJOY!!

You women can fake it in bed without us guys knowing it but you can fake the surprise on your face when it is finally asked of you and the first time you see the ring.

So if he is hiding it, there is a good reason. Don't spoil the surprise for the poor guy.

rodent.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Lovesparkles - STEP AWAY FROM THE BOX!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh its tough I know. I thought that fiance was hiding the ring in the house for a while but he hadn't even picked it up yet. Chances are he wouldn't even have hid it in the house, but rather the garage in his toolbox or something, somewhere that I'd never look. But it never came to that...!! But when I did think it was in the house, man was I freaking out!
2.gif
Women are SO insane about this stuff. Hee hee.
sad.gif

Smooth

Rough_Rock
You think it's tough on the woman, try being the guy!
I received my e-ring a few weeks ago and I think I've got it hidden very well, yet every time my girlfriend even goes near the area that it's hidden in, I start to get nervous!
1.gif
I have it nested inside of several boxes that we almost never need to get into, so of course the other day she needed something in there and I was freaking out! Luckily it was well-camouflaged and she had no idea it was there.

She doesn't know I have the ring and she has absolutely no idea what it looks like, so if she stumbled across it it would really ruin the surprise.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Am I the *only* one with a safety deposit box?

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
F & I
You crack me up!!!

Try this engagement ring surprise on for size....My husband proposed and dared not pick an engagement ring out for me. He sent me and my mom to his jeweler at the time on 47th street. Boy was he surprised when I picked one out and he went to pay for it!! I got exactly what I wanted and he got the big surprise! Since the apple does not fall far from the tree...Another cute story.

Many years ago my dad wanted to buy my mother a diamond watch. He knew whatever he picked she would definitely not like. He went to the jeweler and told him to give him any diamond watch. The jeweler was surprised and asked why he didn't want to pick one out himself. My dad said she will return it anyway so he did not want to waste one minute trying to pick it out!!! Unsentimental yes....very wise, however. Have a great day!

nzwarner

Rough_Rock
F&I,

I rented a safe deposit box for this very occasion. I can't stand to be nervous about my gf finding it or the ring being stolen or burned in a fire or who knows what else...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Good to hear Nzwarmer. Safe deposit boxes are the cheapest piece of mind.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I used to do the snoop for presents thing, and also unwrapped eveything under the tree one year. That cured me. Christmas had no surprises, and lost some of it's magic.
cry.gif
. I've never snooped again, and don't even want hints that would let me actually guess. (Getting close is ok, but I don't want to know the answer.) I love the surprise factor! Hang in there and let yourself enjoy the moment. You'll remember it forever, and your reaction will be genuine.
loopy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results