shape
carat
color
clarity

Hydrothermal emerald?

Bea2911

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello everyone, I am interested in buying an emerald... Heart-shaped more or less 4ct the price is quite low but they say it is natural and treated with and hydrothermal process... is this possible? I know this process if for lab gems only... any advice? thanks

Bea2911

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you! I think it is a lab emerald too. But is it worth it? It is set in a 0.42ct diamond halo and it around 1100$... I want and emerald but I am not sure I would buy a lad grown. Any idea where I can find a similar one but natural for a good price? Here is the picture of the one I am talking about: Screenshot_20210227-084944~2.png

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Where are you located? If it’s in the US, I recommend looking on Ruby Lane and Lang’s Antiques. Most of the emeralds listed there are real... just read descriptions carefully. And pay attention to treatments.

You will find you have to compromise in some area if you want a real emerald for a lower budget. $1100 can get you a nice emerald ring but it would be a small emerald. Mine was well below that price and I am happy with it. If you are willing to spend to get a big stone, then there are many gem vendors to look at.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“JR Columbian emeralds” seems to be a great source for emerald in various shapes, sizes and qualities. They’re located in Florida.

With that $1100 ring, you’re basically paying for the setting. Lab emeralds are not particularly expensive.

Bea2911

Rough_Rock
Trade
Where are you located? If it’s in the US, I recommend looking on Ruby Lane and Lang’s Antiques. Most of the emeralds listed there are real... just read descriptions carefully. And pay attention to treatments.

You will find you have to compromise in some area if you want a real emerald for a lower budget. $1100 can get you a nice emerald ring but it would be a small emerald. Mine was well below that price and I am happy with it. If you are willing to spend to get a big stone, then there are many gem vendors to look at.

Would you mind showing me your ring? I am located in Italy... I know Lang antiques but it is a but above my budget I think!

Bea2911

Rough_Rock
Trade
“JR Columbian emeralds” seems to be a great source for emerald in various shapes, sizes and qualities. They’re located in Florida.

With that $1100 ring, you’re basically paying for the setting. Lab emeralds are not particularly expensive.

Thank you I'll check their website!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Would you mind showing me your ring? I am located in Italy... I know Lang antiques but it is a but above my budget I think!

488B7A43-3BB5-4CB7-8A61-68F856F1DC6E.jpeg
This is my ring with a 0.7 ct Colombian emerald. Don’t remember exactly how much I paid but it was under $700. One day I’ll like to get a bigger emerald but I’ll have to save up so I can get an unoiled one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results