shape
carat
color
clarity

Hurricane Joaquin

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
East Coaster here. Local weather reports still do not agree whether we will be affected by it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're supposed to fly to Pittsburgh on Sunday and to NYC on Wednesday. Keeping an eye on the weather.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
If you're in the 3 day path, then pay attention.

The 3 day track is Very accurate these days. Beyond 3 days, it's a crap shoot.

I've been watching the hurricane center for 30+ years, because of our locations, and the 3 day has improved amazingly the last few years.

Also, read the discussions, they are very informative, with potential wind speeds spelled out. It's at the top, in the bar, a click through. They also update the site much more frequently this last two years, so check throughout the day.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?5-daynl#contents

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1443726613|3933839 said:
East Coaster here. Local weather reports still do not agree whether we will be affected by it.

I hope it will not come near your area. :wavey:

Matata said:
We're supposed to fly to Pittsburgh on Sunday and to NYC on Wednesday. Keeping an eye on the weather.

Stay safe Matata! :wavey:

iLander said:
If you're in the 3 day path, then pay attention.

The 3 day track is Very accurate these days. Beyond 3 days, it's a crap shoot.

I've been watching the hurricane center for 30+ years, because of our locations, and the 3 day has improved amazingly the last few years.

Also, read the discussions, they are very informative, with potential wind speeds spelled out. It's at the top, in the bar, a click through. They also update the site much more frequently this last two years, so check throughout the day.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?5-daynl#contents

Great info iLander! :clap: Thanks!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
East Coast NC here, looks like we will only get rain which we have been getting for a week now so no different.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watch these things with intrigue. I am HOPING that the latest track is right, that it is going to miss any serious landmass landfall besides already hitting the Bahamas.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankfully it looks like Joaquin is staying out to sea. Very grateful for that.

We are (Jersey shore) currently dealing with a Nor'easter however with wind gusts of over 50 mph. Really scary looking waves and powerful winds shaking the house. We lost power last night but fortunately our generator switched right on and we had electricity. JCP&L was able to get power back to our neighborhood around midnight so that was quick work.

Sadly Sea Bright and Monmouth Beach are under water yet again and I feel for all those affected. So while the hurricane is (hopefully!) staying away the powerful winds and flooding the Nor'easter is bringing to some of us in this area are quite damaging. Sending good thoughts to all those dealing with flooding and damage and hoping everyone remains safe.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,
Thinking about you and all on the Jersey Shore today. Praying that the damage is minimal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results