shape
carat
color
clarity

*** HUGE GRACO RECALL ***

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This is kind of interesting. I thought carseats "expired" after three years? Some of these from the travel systems would be older than that.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I have never heard that.

My sister used the Gracopedic when my 5yo niece was born, and when I visited home, we used it. It looks just like my new one does, so I don't know why it would have *expired*?

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I think the recall is just for strollers. Regarding the car seats- they do have expiration dates, I think from 3-5 years, it has to do with the materials wearing down.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I'm confused on why the parents didn't see their kids sliding down a stroller?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Car seats have an expiration date on them. It's usually about 5 years from the manufacture date I think. But since Convertibles are supposed to last I think that long maybe theirs are longer ? I've only looked at the infant expire dates.

I couldn't find an article that said HOW the kids were getting hurt. I hate when they do that, they just say you need this cover to protect but not what the kids were actually doing.

It's also really sad that MacLaren had the same issue a few months ago and Graco didn't think they could be affected too? Potentially before kids fingers were being cut off. UGH.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
taovandel said:
I'm confused on why the parents didn't see their kids sliding down a stroller?
I was thinking the same thing. When I put my kids in a stroller I checked on them often and didn't keep the awning extended (which blocks the view) unless it was sunny.

But I have seen moms take their kids for a "walk" where they are oblivious to the world because they are chatting on their cell phones and sipping a Starbucks. Seems like they almost forget that they are not alone. And there are some low life parents that keep their kiddies in a stroller in the house to keep the kid contained and out of trouble while the parents sleep, party, drink, etc.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I dont believe that strollers expire, just carseats. This is primarily due to safetly regulations of the main restraint system of the seat (ie buckles and straps). DH races cars as a hobby and the harnesses that they wear (which are very similar to carseat harnesses) do expire after about 5 years.

Their should be a manufacture date on your carseat and possibly an expiration date. If there is not one you can get that info from the manufacturer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results