shape
carat
color
clarity

Hubby accepted an offer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! FINALLY! And it is with a branch of the government, so very stable! He''s not someone who likes to jump around (he was at his last employer 27 years) so this will be perfect for him! I can really see him thriving there. Almost everyone in my family has worked for local or national government at one time or another, and I really think he has found a good fit. He''s excited because this was the position he really wanted. And everyone was right who said the government is SLOW. He actually doesn''t start for nearly a month. But that''s okay -- we''ve been really busy putting up crown moulding, new closet doors, etc. in case we had to put the house up for sale, which thank goodness now won''t be an issue, but there''s more to do and now we can do it with gusto! (It''s kind of amazing what you can do in your house when you are motivated and have enough time to watch "Designed to Sell.")

Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes, good vibes, and prayers for us.
35.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Well that is just great!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and best of luck. I work for the gov''t, too.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Lumpkin, that''s fantastic news. I wish your husband the very best of luck and above all, I hope he enjoys the new job.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Great news!! I work for the FED too, and though the wheels can turn slowly, it can end up being a pleasant place to work. Hope your husband has a wonderful experience.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, that is just the best news!! I''m so happy for you two.

yippee2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s great news lumpkin! Wishing your hubby many many years of happiness in his new position!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Lumpkin, that is WONDERFUL news! I am so happy for you! Congrats to you and your hubby
36.gif
36.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i am so happy for you and your family. i know this takes a load off of your mind.
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lumpkin, That''s such great news, congratulations to your hubby!!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, what fabulous news!!! I''m so thrilled for you and your family.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Yay, Lumpkin!!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
woooohooo!!! congrats!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Lumpkin, that''s great news!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, I am SOOO happy for you and your family! What wonderful news!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone. Really. It''s so nice to read your comments.

It was becoming a strain, even though finances are fine and we''re not in trouble, it was still beginning to get scarey. My husband has very marketable skills and reading the bureau of statistics info made us think he was going to be offered a really nice salary, and we figured he''d be employed inside of 3 months even with the holidays. After going on 5 we were beginning to get very nervous. It has really opened my eyes to how easily someone could go from thriving to homeless very quickly if they are living barely within their means (like a lot of Americans), no severence and no savings. Fortunately we had the savings and severence, and although we are living within our means, there is a lot of fat we need to cut out, and we know we need to save more aggressively. It was a wake up call at a very good time, when we still have plenty of time to save, but not enough time that we can think retirement is THAT far off.

I really do appreciate everyone''s kind words.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 2:29:15 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Ditto that! YAY!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That must be a load off!

P.S. I like Designed to Sell too, but I prefer House Hunters and Buy Me, which can get comical at times.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that is the BEST news!!! What a relief it must be for both of you! Congrats!!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
This is such great news! I''m really happy for you and hubby!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news! I am sure that is a BIG relief!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results