shape
carat
color
clarity

HRH Prince Phillip dies

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buckingham Palace has announced the death of Prince Phillip, the Queen’s husband of 74 years.

They first met when she was 13 and he was 18, so have known each other for over 80 years.

Prince Phillip would’ve celebrated his 100th birthday in June, but died peacefully in his sleep earlier this morning.

He was always seen as a rather abrasive character, but gave up his naval career to support the Queen during her long reign

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I've just read this too.Very sad but not unexpected given his age & health :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg just told me about Prince Phillip.
He founded hundreds of charities and did a lot of good.
He lived a full 99 years. He made a difference in this world.
And he was a snappy dresser.

May he RIP.

princephillip.jpg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rip Prince Phillip. Ardent environmentalist before most people even started thinking about protecting the environment, founder or chairperson of many charities. And known for a very dry *cough non PC* sense of humour.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sad. :blackeye:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was incredibly racist, but a product of his class and time. I believe he always supported the Queen and, despite his irascible personality, was a favorite of several members of his family. I am glad he had a long life, but when someone is loved, his loss is always painful to those who loved him. I will be thinking of his family. May he rest in peace.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was a fabulous man with strong opinions & I'm not sure if the Queen can ever recover from his loss.

He did so much good & dedicated his life to her & the Commonwealth countries.

May he rest in peace.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was a handsome looking guy back in the day, what an accomplishment to be married for so many years.

I’m a little worried about the Queen to be honest, she must be devastated.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
R.I.P..

DK :cry2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His title will now go to the Earl of Wessex, who has taken over from his father as the royal patron of DoE scheme, which I believe is a lovely gesture.

DK :))

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a book by Robert Hardman entitled Our Queen, which is about all the non-publicized, non-glamorous work that she does behind the scenes. It says that Prince Philip's office was the one everyone wanted to work in, because it had a reputation for being the most fun!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
My favourite Royal!

I did like it when it was reported that had he spoken a bit “inappropriately”. It always made me smile.

I wish he had make a 100 but he did look ill in the last lot of photos I saw.

The poor Queen. What a team they made.

RIP :cry2:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I'm worried about the Queen. I believe they were pretty epic. Not sure she'll make it through this.

I think she will surprise us all. She looks amazing for her age.

That generation are made of tough stuff. As devastated as she would be I’m sure she will keep working for the people.

But to of loved someone for so long - it’s beautiful!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Very sad to hear of this news, it seemed like only a couple weeks ago that we were celebrating his return home from the hospital, and how well he looked (waving from car window) after the long ordeal.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very sad news.

kind regards--Sharon

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I declare this thing open, whatever it is." - PP. :lol:

"At least you're dry this time!" - PP in 2006, to a soldier that he had rescued from the water during the Second World War while in the Navy.

"Where did you get that hat?" - to the Queen at her coronation, while she was wearing the Imperial State Crown.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching a documentary about this great gentleman, R.I.P..

DK :cry2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The poor Queen
Loosing the love of her life

he was always my favourite royal from when i was a wee girl
I feel so sad
i know he lived a long and good life but the Queen and the Duke have always been there, for so many of us we know no others

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The poor Queen
Loosing the love of her life

he was always my favourite royal from when i was a wee girl
I feel so sad
i know he lived a long and good life but the Queen and the Duke have always been there, for so many of us we know no others

I watched the gun salutes, and had me in tears! :cry2:

He is my second favourite after the Princess Royal - she is definitely her father's daughter!

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH had an encounter with Prince Phillip several years ago. He was out walking our dog in Virginia Water, part of Windsor Great Park. Horse riding is not allowed in that area of the park. All of a sudden, he heard the thunder of hooves approaching, and grabbed our dog to get him out of harms way. He was furious that someone was riding so after making sure our dog was safe, was just about to turn round and remonstrate with the offender, when Prince Phillip passed by, raised his hat and said “Good morning” and went on his way! DH had been just about to give him the two fingered salute, and turned that in to a cheery wave :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched the funeral. The Queen looked frail to me and walked with a slight stagger that I don't recall seeing prior to Phillip's death. I can't imagine what it would take to adapt to life without one's partner of 73 years. I hope her remaining years are peaceful.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH alerted me to the photo's of the Queen, alone. I think his eyes were a bit watery--I know mine were. Very poignant.

I am thoroughly enjoying (re)watching The Crown.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results