shape
carat
color
clarity

HR 4752: Universal Service Act of 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
On February 14, 2006, Congressman Charles Rangel (NY) introduced a bill (Universal National Service Act of 2006 - HR 4752 IH) which would draft everyone - men and women alike - from the ages of 18 to 42 into the military for a minimum period of 2 years: "To provide for the common defense by requiring all persons in the United States, including women, between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes."

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h109-4752
I have read two things about this bill: 1-The bill was referred to the House Committee on Armed Services and 2-the House was to take the bill up for discussion June 6, 2006. i will, of course, call my Representative tomorrow but i was wondering if anyone knew more about this.

movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
it appears this is stuck in committee and was not taken up for discussion, per my Representative''s office. i was also told that republicans control that committee and it is not a popular bill with them.

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That bill has been introduced every year in one form or another since around the time of Gulf War 1.
Never goes anywhere.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
hmmmm...... I am sure that it is brought up every year.. would not work in the US though.. Not sure how much I am against this and I am a republican... But I dislike it some other ways.. I am torn.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I strongly support this bill so long as nothing is done to make it military only. I''ve said for years, everyone should do something for their country, be it military, Peace Corps, a form of the old CCC or VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America). I mean, everyone, no deferments, no exceptions, not even for the children of politicians. Even the challenged can do something, albeit computer aided tools.

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results