shape
carat
color
clarity

HPD NY Classic featuring a 1.23 E SI2 CBI

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech - what is your final size goal? I only ask because this one looks SO pretty on your hand! And I LOVE it with your Birks band!

Great upgrade!

Thank you, thank you, everyone! What an Easter treat this is! :lol:

@mrs-b — I do plan to hang at this size/setting for quite awhile. It is part of the reason why I chose to go for the NY Classic — this size is wearable for my everyday life (and I do plan to wear it everyday!). Thank you so much for the compliments, I agree that it looks right at home on my finger. :kiss2:

I know these are famous last words, but I can’t see myself going past 1.5 carats. Maybe in retirement in 10 or 15 years! :halo: Until then, I have other bling goals, such as a Wilma Flintstone pearl choker and a Cartier watch! :lol-2:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
More pictures to come soon— I introduced my new BFF to my favorite perch for diamond gazing—my family room couch with big picture window and wide wood slat blinds at my back. I took a ton of fire shots and at one point the CBI literally seemed to come alive with white.:-o It seriously appeared to be sizzling white hot!

DAED02B7-D3C0-4675-95E6-86459DCBD210.jpeg 9476DBD6-66E0-49FE-907B-1133819E3F1C.jpeg 38DA6323-9CFA-44BF-8AC6-7E9A33004B02.jpeg
UNBELIEVABLE!!! I've never seen a stone do that @KristinTech!! That is just glorious. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that likes to admire my stones in different lighting....sometimes I feel so silly with all the pictures I take, but I've never captured ANYTHING like THAT!!

ETA: It almost looks like it has white fluorescence!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still trying to capture those lovely rainbow arrows.... here are some early attempts. :)

45C74C53-D421-4D32-9C41-EBC99D1DA9C8.jpeg 64997DD7-2735-4D5A-A8EC-2A9DDAE51EA0.jpeg 6955B818-F894-4F85-A5CD-D2FCFFE4A982.jpeg 861314A6-52AE-4573-B237-74EE1F36CFC7.jpeg

The niece and nephews were visiting for Easter, so Velma and the Mystery Machine came out to play!
81B799EB-D0EF-42CB-88C0-99900A3F0496.jpeg 5D80D9DB-9378-4D93-8814-3DFFECD06C6D.jpeg FA54D748-41F6-46AD-86F6-5644889D0415.jpeg

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
I am waiting for my CBI 1.22 G SI2 to come so this thread has me even more excited! I feel like I am getting a sneak peak! (Although your diamond is more colorless than mine!)

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Wow your ring is just amazing!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:...Stunningly beautiful.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am waiting for my CBI 1.22 G SI2 to come so this thread has me even more excited! I feel like I am getting a sneak peak! (Although your diamond is more colorless than mine!)

@CheeSauce -
I saw that one come up, too! I know you will just love it. How will you set it?

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
@CheeSauce -
I saw that one come up, too! I know you will just love it. How will you set it?

I am having it set in a custom solitaire setting, that’s why your photos make me even more excited! The style was inspired by the vatche crown/HPD symphonies but it has a different bridge than both. I approved of my CADs approximately two weeks ago so I think I still have a long time to wait :cry2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect! Beautiful and classic!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
95CA4E78-3586-4504-A6FB-D632407196A3.jpeg

I know some people love when the black arrows come out to play! I’m wearing a red shirt, and you can see it reflected a bit.

210F6143-D9DA-479E-AEE9-B81C4CF1B565.jpeg

A peek at the table and crown angle...
A7FC6ED1-6E4F-403F-BFE5-8CAFC1E7A969.jpeg 395B065F-500A-4CFA-87E4-A54BFC211638.jpeg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I’m so envious of you!!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Obvious why the RBC single stone won the day ,)

E/SI/CBI is such a great choice 'on paper' & then, look at IT...

Good for you!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am having it set in a custom solitaire setting, that’s why your photos make me even more excited! The style was inspired by the vatche crown/HPD symphonies but it has a different bridge than both. I approved of my CADs approximately two weeks ago so I think I still have a long time to wait :cry2:

The waiting is the worst, I know! I was lucky in that our spring break was in the middle of the wait (Mexico), and I would not have worn my wedding set anyway.... so that made it a little more bearable. :lol:

Your ring will get a lot of oohs and aaahs with those rings as your inspiration! Not to mention the CBI. ;)2

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so envious of you!!!

You should see my camera roll, hah—I am probably only posting one pic for every 25 I take! Maybe someday I’ll have my own “headlight”-sized diamond like you. ;-) Thank you for the compliments, though, I’m so thankful for you crazy kids — who love this hobby as much as I do! I don’t have many RL friends that are into jewelry.

Last edited:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Obvious why the RBC single stone won the day ,)

E/SI/CBI is such a great choice 'on paper' & then, look at IT...

Good for you!

You all will think this is crazy, but I haven’t even louped it yet. I’m just not a clarity hound! It actually made me giggle when I posted the plot and thought it probably gave some folks palpitations, thinking of wearing an SI2 that wasn’t “prongable.” I love that this rough was inspected and Paul and the CBI team said, “we’re going to make this into perfection.” And it joined the ranks of perfection. But I plucked it out of the lineup before it quite made it to the showroom floor. :)

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristin, the stone is magnificent, it's fire, it's ice, it's perfect. LOVE THE setting too.. congratulations, great choice.. I'd like to say I'm GREEN with envy but I am happy for you!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it, and thank you for sharing the magnificent photos. The setting is perfection, too. Enjoy!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
You should see my camera roll, hah—I am probably only posting one pic for every 25 I take! Maybe someday I’ll have my own “headlight”-sized diamond like you. ;-) Thank you for the compliments, though, I’m so thankful for you crazy kids — who love this hobby as much as I do! I don’t have many RL friends that are into jewelry.
When I took headlight as my name here I had the 3.29. Now I don't feel so much like the headlight in my 2.01. But your stone DOES look the same size as mine... my stone has a small spread for its weight. When I see your photos and look at my hand in same perspective they look identical in size. Your stone is DREAMY!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech

Wow, love your icy white CBI. How did you decide on an E color?

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech

Wow, love your icy white CBI. How did you decide on an E color?

It decided on me! I saw a “Future” CBI on the website that was listed as F SI2. It was such a value for me, given my upgrade plans, I knew I should act on it. AGS ended up giving it an E color, so that was a happy surprise! HPD, of course, honored the F price that I had paid. I wasn’t planning on pulling the trigger for an upgrade until late summer/fall. But it happened in January due to the colorless SI2! Clarity is the least of my priorities (especially with a CBI!), so it was an easy decision. Now I think I should block myself from the website. :lol:

I’m thought I saw mention of potential upgrade plans on your end? Do tell!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
It decided on me! I saw a “Future” CBI on the website that was listed as F SI2. It was such a value for me, given my upgrade plans, I knew I should act on it. AGS ended up giving it an E color, so that was a happy surprise! HPD, of course, honored the F price that I had paid. I wasn’t planning on pulling the trigger for an upgrade until late summer/fall. But it happened in January due to the colorless SI2! Clarity is the least of my priorities (especially with a CBI!), so it was an easy decision. Now I think I should block myself from the website. :lol:

I’m thought I saw mention of potential upgrade plans on your end? Do tell!

Also super interested to know @cflutist, if you're willing to share!

@KristinTech, I also basically had to stop going to the website... You'll drive yourself mad! :lol: Having said that... So, tell me, what's your next upgrade aim and what setting would you go for? :lol:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also super interested to know @cflutist, if you're willing to share!

@KristinTech, I also basically had to stop going to the website... You'll drive yourself mad! :lol: Having said that... So, tell me, what's your next upgrade aim and what setting would you go for? :lol:

@Lykame I have no plans to change this ring or diamond anytime soon! It is exactly what I wanted. Now, I would love a 1.90ish diamond, but then I would feel very self conscious at work (I work with the public—in homes as a visiting therapist). I wouldn’t wear it to work. So that is off the table! 1.5 carats is what I think my max would be until retirement in 10 or 15 years. :lol-2: After that, all bets are off!

I love this setting and the fact that I can stack it. DH (and I!) love color, so maybe a ruby or emerald anniversary band is in my future? ;)2

Aside from this ring, I’ve been looking at some 0.40-0.50 studs on the website. :whistle: Just daydreaming for now. :shhh:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@Lykame I have no plans to change this ring or diamond anytime soon! It is exactly what I wanted. Now, I would love a 1.90ish diamond, but then I would feel very self conscious at work (I work with the public—in homes as a visiting therapist). I wouldn’t wear it to work. So that is off the table! 1.5 carats is what I think my max would be until retirement in 10 or 15 years. :lol-2: After that, all bets are off!

I love this setting and the fact that I can stack it. DH (and I!) love color, so maybe a ruby or emerald anniversary band is in my future? ;)2

Aside from this ring, I’ve been looking at some 0.40-0.50 studs on the website. :whistle: Just daydreaming for now. :shhh:

That social-type self-consciousness and what would be socially appropriate - or inappropriate - can be quite the issue, eh. You do have to be comfortable. I'm glad that what you currently have is exactly what you want, that's really lovely. I love the idea of more colourful stacking bands - I mean, why only a ruby or emerald anniversary band...? Both sound like a great idea! :lol:

Ah yes, the earring dilemma... you should totally go for it!

I mean essentially I just want to enable you so I can live vicariously through you. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results