clarity

How's your color eye?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
65% which I am surprised about

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
50% for me, yet I know I can sort D,E,F in real life because I've done it before in a shop.

I think what this demonstrates is why colour is graded face down - it is hard to not be distracted by contrast patterns darkening the look of a stone.

True, I thought about that too. A good cut uses light like a concealer.

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
60% for me too. I find it harder to sort them face up. My average was 40.8 - so all of you PSers good at color are moving the average up! :lol:

CBPearllover

Shiny_Rock
60% I agree the middle grade were the most difficult to discern, even with the screen brightness turned up. But that was fun, thanks for sharing this!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
35%
Not shocking, I love all my stones, ranging from F to , and don't see big differences in them.
But I'd like to try it again on my desktop, a much bigger screen, and in a room that is much better lit. Maybe tomorrow

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
50% for me, yet I know I can sort D,E,F in real life because I've done it before in a shop.

I think what this demonstrates is why colour is graded face down - it is hard to not be distracted by contrast patterns darkening the look of a stone.

yeah- so true. Face up (and well, photographs) is probably not the best guideline...

but yeah- some people probably drove the average up a little. It was 40.XX (something) when I tried it.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
75% for me. I struggled a little in the middle grades. The high and low ends were much easier.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
40%

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I got 60%, which really surprised me. I’m not at all colour sensitive, or maybe I just don’t mind colour in diamonds.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got 55% average is 41%

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
55%

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
42%

DK :))

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
70% on my phone while watching TV. I wish I was less colour sensitive...

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
50% I agree the midranges were tricky.

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
60%... better than I expected. Even though this exercise is kind of pointless other than to demonstrate how hard it is discern colors when looking face-up.

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
I can't even enter anything! It does not allow me to click on anything. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? thanks

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got 65%, so not that color *aware*... but I knew that.

YAY!! Bigger diamonds for me!! #sizewhore ;-)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't even enter anything! It does not allow me to click on anything. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? thanks

You have to move the diamond up or down (from more colorless at the top to most tinted at bottom).

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Could it be the ladies of Pricescope (and gentlemen) are color sensitive <3 ?
This was mine when it started.
chrome-capture.png

@Snowdrop13 I bet your ACA is bright face forward <3

Looks like we're all getting different "averages"... mine said average was 41.4% (maybe they're adjusting as more ppl take the quiz? Looks like PS is increasing it!) LOL

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Looks like we're all getting different "averages"... mine said average was 41.4% (maybe they're adjusting as more ppl take the quiz? Looks like PS is increasing it!) LOL

I would imagine it keeps a running total and our merry band of test-takers has changed things a bit. :clap:

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
You have to move the diamond up or down (from more colorless at the top to most tinted at bottom).
Thank you! As you can see I need all the help I can get! I will try it now

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
55%, average 41.5%

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
35%
Not shocking, I love all my stones, ranging from F to , and don't see big differences in them.
But I'd like to try it again on my desktop, a much bigger screen, and in a room that is much better lit. Maybe tomorrow

Took it again and got 35% again o_O

By the way, my stones range from F to K. I know, proofread, before hitting "reply"

phanct

Rough_Rock
60%! Thanks for posting the link. That was fun !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results