shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you spend this $8000?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
The ring, without a doubt. I don''t wear watches and just knowing that I have a choice between a better ring and a purse makes me realize I don''t need a purse!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 6:16:39 PM
Author: VRBeauty

, not to give you an $8,000 gift card. If you happen to decide on a ring that costs less than $8,000...
Ah, no $8K gift card? That would have rocked!!! lol If my only jewelry to be purchased was a diamond eng ring, I''d spend the whole amount on that ring. I''m not even sure what I could get for that price. . .just checked WF . . .looks like $8K wouldn''t go very far! I''d get a 1.1 ct. F-G color, with VS-SI ACA and have it set in a simple $1,000 setting.

Will there be another $8K available for a wedding band?

kweet

Rough_Rock
Another vote for the ring, like Kelli said, with priority for the stone and a simple setting. However you may need to check with him as to whether he intends the budget to cover the cost of ERing and WRing, he may not have factored this in....

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Would I be able to upgrade in the future? If yes I would probably also ask for a pair of studs, if no I would put it all towards the ring

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i think it''s his decision.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just the diamond in the least expensive setting that is acceptable!
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 11:23:21 AM
Author: lyra
Just the diamond in the least expensive setting that is acceptable!
2.gif
emthup.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Just the ring, of course.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely would use it all for the ring!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The ring
30.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I would pick a ring that I looooved. Then depending on how much is left I would decide what else I wanted. I guess I am just thinking if you budget so much for a ring, watch and then purse you might not get the ring that you actually want because you would be worried about the purse or watch. I think with 8K you should not have a prolem finding a ring that you love. Go with that first.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
rrrrrrrrring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 6:08:27 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Ring. I''d feel weird asking for ''change.''
41.gif

Haha. So true!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All on the ring. The purse will wear out and get holes. The watch, while nice doesn't have the same zing.
27.gif
Not only that, some guys don't do upgrades so it could be your forever ring so might as well go all out with the max budget he suggested.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think when we get to that point we are thinking a 7k budget for the ring - so that is actually not that far off.

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Since it's his money, it's really his call on how it's spent.

Personally, I'd have absolutely no qualms spending aaaall the money on the ring
4.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What about $7000 on a ring and the rest on some other jewelry item like studs or a pendant.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely go all the way and just dedicate all of it to a ring. No doubt in my mind. You got a big chunk of cash, might as well use it while you can on a ring...do you think he would ever make this offer again in the future? Take advantage of his generosity and ring, ring, ring!
30.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely all on the ring!

You''re probably going to wear it all the time and it will get more focus than splitting into ring, earrings, watch etc. Let him be proud of it!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the ring, too. But then I am not a bag person
3.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
just looking -

is that YOUR gorgeous ring in your avatar??? i've loved that ring for ages! is it yours? if it is - can you tell us a little about it or direct me to a thread on it??

stunning!

(and swl - sorry about the threadjack!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results