shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you spend $50

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I already got my bridesmaid gifts from Tiffany''s (I went with the tear drop shape necklace thanks for everyone''s votes) but one of my friends from college is doing a reading and I really want to get her something special. I want to spend around $50. Any ideas?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A pair of champagne glasses from Tiffany''s. I bought my SIL the whole set of this (vase, pitcher, bowl, 4 champagne glasses) and it''s a beautiful design. They''re $25 each.

tiffchapm.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also like the Return to Tiffany keychains with engraved initials, but that would run you $88 with engraving.
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the FG idea of the pair of Tiff glasses, that way she has something from Tiff too and something she can keep and treasure forever.

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Although the glasses are nice, I can't say that they would be my first pick. Many people like to choose their own, matching sets for bar service and other glassware; being one of those people, when I receive a gift similar to this, although I am grateful, I don't really know what to do with them because I am trying to build my own matching set, and these don't fit in anywhere. What do you do with 4 or 5 un-matching pairs of flutes?

If everyone lives in the same town, what about taking them out somewhere fairly nice for dinner after the wedding? It might be a memorable way to celebrate your journey together as bride and bridesmaids, and you could take lots of pictures and have a great night. I, for one, know I'd much prefer something similar to this; good free food AND an opportunity to celebrate with friends!

ETA: Oy sorry I just realized you had already bought the other girls something... . The dinner idea still might be nice though, and it would give you guys time to catch up and relive old memories.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
arrggg...so hard. I like the coach wristlet idea. Hmmm....Maybe a GC to a nice spa? Or is it better to have a keepsake? I don''t know.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you can go wrong - a gift is a gift! Mara caught on to my idea with the champagne flutes - that she would also be getting something from Tiffany''s like all the other girls. If she''s not gonna know everyone else got something from Tiffany''s, then it doesn''t matter so much. I can see AntiguaBride''s point, but I have a set of champagne glasses that match my wine glasses, but also a few special ''pairs'' of different kinds for me and DH...a Tiffany''s pair, a Waterford pair, etc.

Seriously, she''ll be glad to get whatever you choose!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, that is what I was thinking too...we have some nice pairs of flutes that we have gotten, we always use them to toast for things like anniversary or similar....we don''t have a set of 8 or anything like that though we have like every wine glass under the sun, but it''s fun to just have 2 special ones sometimes for the two of you. I''d love it if I was younger and a friend gave me a pair of cool flutes that I knew I''d keep forever.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, for what it''s worth now I like the idea of the flutes. As others have stated, it''s something your friend will never feel pressured to make a complete set of, but will see as a Tiffany''s gift and also a keepsake item, and it will never go out of style. HTH!
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2006 10:49:10 PM
Author: FireGoddess
A pair of champagne glasses from Tiffany''s. I bought my SIL the whole set of this (vase, pitcher, bowl, 4 champagne glasses) and it''s a beautiful design. They''re $25 each.

I can''t find these on their website. Do you have the link?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let's see if this works, hon! It's called the Daisy Flute.

Linky

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a different shape, the Cut Crystal Flute, also $25 each.

Linky

18594188_FL_LRG.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks FG! The link worked great. Which style do you think is more universal? I was planning on giving the gifts at the RD so she will see that the BMs are getting something from Tiffany''s. I don''t want her to feel left out...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you can go wrong with either style. Since you''re giving the gifts at the RD I think it''s a wise move to also get her something from Tiffany''s so she doesn''t feel left out, and it still is an appropriate gift for her playing a part in your wedding. I can''t recall the Cut Crystal style in person - I was on a mission last time I was in Tiffany''s to get my SIL the whole Daisy set. She adores it. But I don''t know what kind of style your friend has. Either would be great IMO. Is there a store near you so you could check out both in person? I checked out the rest of their flutes on the web but the rest are either more expensive or just plain.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I like the first one FG posted better than the other style... for what it''s worth!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks FG and Flopkins. I live about 15 mins away from a mall with a Tiffany''s so I think I will go see them in person. She is a very fun person so maybe the daisy would be more her than the more traditional cut glass one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results