shape
carat
color
clarity

How will this diamond look on this setting. Any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
I am planning to propose to my girlfriend this summer. I have ordered a diamond ring from WHITEFLASH.
Any ideas how a diamond of 0.645 a cut above will look in a heavy, tiffany style solitaire four prong setting (3mm). Do you think the diamond will look too small? Any suggestions welcome
naughty.gif
from Whiteflash ( seems a great site and company )

Diamond specs in my post "help, i am really anxious"
THANKS
rolleyes.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you buying the ring setting from Whiteflash too. Do they have any narrower settings which may make the stone look bigger? Does anyone know if they sell other settings than they show on their website? I am sorry I do not have any experience but just thought a narrower setting may make the stone look bigger if that is what you want. It is probably down to personal taste, some women may want a wider setting even if it takes up more space at the side of the stone.

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
Yes, the setting is also from whiteflash. The thing is, from my discreet questions and from what i have noticed, my girlfriend does not like very thin settings.
I am just wondering if the diamond will be lost in the 3mm setting. The diamond is 0.645 carats (5.53 x 5.55 x 3.42) and if 4 prongs will help the situation. Anyone seen this setting in real life?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Nik~

Although I haven't seen the exact dimensions and presentation you are planning, I did a little experiment for you. I took my ACA, which is about .5 mm larger in diameter than your diamond, and placed it over top a band I have that is also .5 mm wider than the ring you are purchasing. The sizes looked very nice together. The diamond was wider than the base and not at all over powered by the band. Considering she doesn't like the thinner style bands, I think it will make a very nice presentation for your gal.

Hope this helps!
2.gif

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
once again pqcollectibles, you have come to my rescue! thank you very very much!
Nick

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I've found that if you're using white gold or platinum, a thicker band will often make the stone look bigger than with a slimmer band. There's something about having the metal surround the stone, making it harder to tell where one begins and one ends, that makes the stone look more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results