shape
carat
color
clarity

How will I dance in my poofy dress???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I have a silly question - or maybe not? How did you all dance in your dresses? i guess this is for more princess style/poofy dress wearers. I have a Maggie Sottero - Felicity and I REALLY like it with a two layer peticoat underneath to make it really poofy.
My questions are:
Will I be able to dance in this?
Should I not wear the peticoat because it will make it hard to dance?
What did you all do?

Thanks in advance

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, I had a Casablanca ball gown that I wore a hoop skirt petticoat underneath, and I was still able to dance, so I think you''ll be OK.
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Could you take off the petticoat between the ceremony and the reception, while the train is being bustled?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I would have to see the dress. I do know that some people, like my daughter''s friend who just got married in October, had spent endless hours with her fiancee to do a great dance on the floor for the couple dance, but they had to abort mission after the first half, because they couldn''t do it without both of them getting caught up in her dress. She had already had a back-up dress, so she switched into it a lot sooner then she had planned. But that''s the only person I know of personally that was unable to dance because her dress was just too much dress.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Bustled the dress and wore a hooped crinoline underneath...

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=felicity&line=m&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=8&style=A407

here is the link to my dress, it looks good all ways, plain, with two layer peticoat, etc.
i love the poofy look with the peticoat but am not sure if i''ll be able to dance in it.
I will definitly have it bustled but Im not sure if that will be enough...................

Did you all wear the peticoat all night? I LOVE Robbie''s dress, if you''re reading this, did you wear a peticoat under your dress? you must have. how was dancing?

Does anyone think it would be best for me to take peticoat off before reception begins???

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
i fell in love with robbies dress and actually wore the same one! i wore a hoop skirt underneath and it was perfect since it was a hot day. i was able to move around an dance with no problems!!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Bella - ALL

is a hoop skirt better than a regular peticoat? i dont understand much about them or what the differences are.
what type of hoop skirt was it?
I love your dress. Robbie''s dress. I want mine that poofy, i tried it on with a two layer petticoat with it and it was nice.
i guess if the bustle is good, then it doesn''t really matter??

AND then there is the bustle? i dont know anything about what kind? do i need to? or does the seamstress just "DO IT" ? LOL

Im starting to feel like there is so much i dont know! july wedding

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
i tried my dress with two petticoats and it just didnt give me the fullness that the hoop did. the petticoat was itchy and hot where as the hoop was nice and cool and made the dress not touch my legs. i got married june 28 and it was 100degrees!!!

as far as the bustle depends what you want. are you looking for something like i had???

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Bella
Thank you for the response
Now im thinking i should wear the hoop skirt instead, i DO remember at the bridal shop i was VERY HOT with the two layer petticoat on and that was inside in airconditioning, our wedding is in july and could be very hot so i want to be as comfortable as possible
Please look at this link, which kind of hoop did you get? there are so MANY!
http://www.mygowns.com/hoopskirts.html

and i do like your bustle, what kind is that?

so you really danced all night in your poofy dress w/ hoop skirt no problem?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
My dress was fairly poofy and while I was able to dance all night, it did cause us to screw up our first dance. We had taken dance lessons, but never factored in the poofy skirty. DH kept stepping on my dress and we messed it up, A LOT, but fortunately no one knew but us!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sap483, did you wear a petticoat or hoopskirt underneath? if yes, what kind.

Thank you all!
35.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
No petticoat or hoop skirt. It was an organza dress with a few pick-ups and about 2 layers of crinoline underneath. It originally had 4 layers of crinoline, but it was too much for me, so I had 2 of them taken out. When bustled, the train became pick ups in the back so that added to the volume a llittle too.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
were you able to sit ok? my MOH said i may have trouble sitting it a hoop skirt?
i dont know what to do?! LOL
but having it now touch my legs sounds great, as it would keep me cool

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
I''m wearing the Victoriana and have been wondering the same thing! Not only that but - how are we supposed to pee?! I''ve heard that you should face the toilet but uh, we''ll see!
2.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
i never thought of going to the bathroom - but will i be able to sit down ok if the hoop skirt?

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
i only went to the bathroom twice and i was fine!! i heard that you should sit backwards but honestly that wasnt happening!! my sister kinda held my dress the first time the second time i went alone

honestly i didnt even know i had the hoop on! sitting in church was fine!!

check out my pictures in this book
http://www.mypublisher.com/bookshelf/bookviewer.py?d=tq%3Ey-cppl%60je%3E3446584

as you can see in the pictures i did everything normal including sitting!

dont forget to bring the hoop skirt for your fitting it actually worked out cause it made my dress shorter so i didnt have to hem it!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again, my dress comes in next month, im going to call the shop and see if they have some hoop skirts that i can try one with it, so i can compare them to the 2 layer petticoat.
i would hate to order the hoop w/out trying it first.
did you try one first at a local bridal shop or just order "hoping" it would work?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
when I was trying on dresses, they put me into the hoop skirt before putting on the dresses. when I bought the dress, I ordered the hoop skirt with (as well as the shoes and corsette). prefer to get things done in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results