shape
carat
color
clarity

How were you announced?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:02:31 PM
Author: LauraBabe08
Thanks for all your helpful advice. We plan to be announced as ''Mr. and Mrs. Matthew and Laura Lastname.

As for the Dr. thing - I did address my envelopes for my reply card as Dr. Laura ________. I do not refer to myself as Dr is normal situations, but professionally, I am referred to that way. When it came to choosing my ''title'' for my envelopes, I didn''t like Miss, and so it was b/w Ms and Dr and I guess since I technically am Dr. (its on my diploma) I went with it. (especially b/c I just graduated less than a yr ago, so its very exciting to me!) I hope no one thought I was snobby or offensive.
7.gif
Laura- FWIW I have many friends who have PharmDs like you and your FI. A few of them are married to each other and they were all announced as Drs He and She LastName. I don''t think that anyone thought it was snobby. They worked hard for that distinction.

Over a year ago another friend of mine (PharmD) was speaking with me about her wedding that was supposed to be this coming May (to be married to another PharmD). We were joking about all the Dr''s on the ceremony program. Everyone but 2 people in the bridal party (bride and groom included) would have Dr preceeding their name on the invitation, yet not one of us would be an actualy MD. I doubt that anyone at the ceremony would have questioned us.

When I get married I will have a PhD and I am on the fence as to whether or not we will be introduced (if we are introduced at all, we might just sneak in like Musey and her DH did) "Mr and Dr" or just by our first names so I can totally relate to your dilemma right now.

My final thought on this situation is that I would think that anyone you are sending a wedding invitation to loves and cares for you enough to not find your use of Dr preceeding your name offensive or snobby.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results