shape
carat
color
clarity

how to wear colored shoes (pink, orange, blue etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
This year I am seeing tons of adorable shoes in all sorts of bright & pastel colors. They are very tempting, but everytime I get close to buying some I start to think about what actually matches them in my wardrobe. So, ladies...when you buy the bright shoes do you match something in your outfit? If yes, does it need to match nearly perfectly or will something like bright pink shoes work with a pastel pink top? I''m finding it hard to justify shoes that only go with 2 or 3 things in my wardrobe....Ideas?

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I like to use bright colours as accent colours - a pair of shoes, a belt, a scarf - that kind of thing. I''d put a pair of brightly coloured shoes with plain outfits in neutral shades like beige, black, brown or dark blue, unless I was going to a wedding and wanted to match the shoes to an outfit exactly.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree with Bagpuss. I just bought a pair of pink sandles (pink is my favorite color). I''ll pair them with neutrals like khaki, black, white or denim. Maybe add a pink scarf or sweater, and there you go! I just got a pink handbag too. Just having a little dash of color will liven up all your basics.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here they are. They are super cute in person.
1.gif

anntaylorprimroseflowersandal.jpg

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, I agree with Bagpuss and Diamondlil. You can use them as accents. I am naturally attracted to darker colors, like blacks, browns, dark reds, etc. So sometimes I buy a cute brightcolored scarf or jewelry to accent the darkness. I usually don''t do it with shoes in the winter ( they don''t offer too many at stores, plus they show dirt easier in snow and slush). But at this time of the year, springtime and in summer, I really go for the colorful shoes!! They are such a refreshing touch to an otherwise "bland" outfit!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the opinions voiced by Bagpuss & Diamondlil. I wear my brightly colored or "funky" shoes with very simple, tailored outfits. Example: I have a pair of Ann Klein hot pink stilettos with black laquer 3.5 inch heals that I wear with my black crepe Kasper suit and black knit shell...simple jewelry (diamond earrings & ering)....Makes a statement wihtout being over the top.
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I try to match something with my shoes. To tell you the truth, almost ALL my shoes are black. If I buy any other color, it''ll be because i have enough clothing in my closet that matches. . .

Luckily, mostly I wear jeans, so if I buy a pair of pink shoes, it''s because I have TONS of pink in my closet and pink heels, jeans, and pink t-shirt is easy and cute
2.gif
IF you find shoes you like, just stock up on some simple t''s. Oh, and I think that a black top with jeans, and ANY color shoes is ok too.

Oh, and recently I read in a magazine that you can DEFINETLY use different shades of color for your shoes and your top. Scarlett Johanneson was the example used as she wore a green dress with green shoes to the Oscars and the greens were slightly different shades.

If Scarlett can do it, so can we!
9.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Island...yes, you can buy the shoes and accent them with other shades of colors. Then again, I like to mix things up a bit. I just bought a pair of apple green slide heels, matching purse and top with that color (and may others) in it. I pair this with Navy or black, or a muted green sweater that I have. Things don''t have to match, they just have to coordinate. :) Take it with a grain of salt. Some would say that my outfits, both in patterns & colors, are a little vibrant.

Either way, do whatever you want. If you carry it with confidence, you can pull it off. :) Look at Carrie Bradshaw! hehe.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the ideas ladies!

Well this weekend I bought some hot pink shoes. I''ve also ordered some light blue ones. I''d really love to find some baby pink sandals too because I have lots of light pink shirts. I think they''ll be great with my black & brown suits...I''ll just make sure my shirts/accessories have some of the shoe color in them. I''m not coordinated enough to change my purse daily. But I have a fun hotpink one which will match the pink shoes...and honestly will probably get used even with the light blue shoes unless I remember to make switches the night before. I sometimes think I should keep all my stuff in a ziplock bag then I could just pick it up and easily switch purses....

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Alright...what about white shoes?

I have a beautiful pair of white stiletto ankle boots that I''ve had for nearly a year and have YET to wear them! I don''t know what to wear them with
39.gif
39.gif
I also have a pair of these really funky black and white stiletto pumps that look like sneakers. They really are a lot cooler than they sound..but here again..what do I wear them with?!
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
Better yet...why must I buy shoes and THEN fret over what to wear them with, lol.
26.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Better yet...why must I buy shoes and THEN fret over what to wear them with, lol.
because that''s what we (girls) do!!
why why why!!?
37.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''m really into pink this season. Here are my new pink crock mules. They are so comfy! They are pale pink, nearly skin tone, but will accent all my neutrals. I wore them last night with jeans, a white cami, and a cropped pink sweater. I''m a mom or two busy kids, so these are perfect for throwing on as I literally run out the door.

geoxeuromulepinkcroc2.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
DL if you keep all that pink up we''re going to have to change your pear to this:

FRL1004A1.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That is just scrumptious!!!!! Well, I say one can never wear too much pink!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results