shape
carat
color
clarity

How to store skincare when on a road trip?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
I love and hate road trips. winter time it''s ok, I can leave my skincare in the care. But durning summer time, I usually get my honey to carried my skincare bag around if we have to stop to eat or shop. I had a incident when I left my skincare in the car when we were at vegas and let''s just said my face didn''t react well to the skincare that night.

I was just wondering is there a better way than having my honey carried the cute bag while we stop to eat or shop?
3.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since I use mostly MK stuff and my cousin is my supplier, I get sample packets from her before going anywhere. Things that don''t come like that, like my Differin or whatever, I just put with my makeup. When my tube gets really low I fold it down as far as I can and throw that in my travel bag for space saving. Body wash I have minibottles of from Target.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
get a bigger purse and carry your own. or reduce the amount of things you use when traveling and still carry them in your purse. get the sample sizes as suggested above. get a small ice chest and keep them iced down in it in the car.....it is a roadtrip, right?! i never do a roadtrip w/o an ice chest for water, soda, nibbles and there is always room for my things that need to be kept cool.

your reaction may have been a result of change in water, climate, diet, etc. while on the road and not necessarily your skin care and/or cosmetics. however, i would never expose my skin care products and/or cosmetics to heat as it can cause them to separate, never to be useable again.

peace, movie zombie

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that I''m shelling out relatively decent $$ for Guinot products my strategy is to get some samples from the aesthetician when I get my facials. It''s probably only enough for a couple of days, but if I''m going longer I just bring the full size and schlep it with me. It''s better than having it boil in the car.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
31.gif
6.gif
Bobo- get a purse and carry it yourself!
9.gif
How much stuff do you use woman???
9.gif

Just teasing, long day!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
hmm....let''s see, I have one jar for day and night, one tube of eye cream, one AHA for night time, proactive, sunscreen for face...
9.gif
I have a bag from Old navy to fit all my skincare in it. Maybe it''s too cute, because every time I carry around on the trip, everyone ask me what''s in it
5.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I use an insane amount of grooming products. And I looooove roadtrips. I have never had an issue with leaving stuff in the car, even when it''s warm. Put it in the trunk, and it should be fine. Otherwise, you could put the things you are worried about in a little cooler, with those blue ice things. Re-freeze the ice packs in your hotel room every night.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bobo - i use a ton of products, but on a road trip, I use bare minimum. I have what I call my staple face products - one eye cream and one face lotion (both SPF) and then a basic face wash and I just take these along since I know regardless of what I''m doing, these products won''t make me break out or upset my routine since they''re reliable. All the other more fancy stuff - like exfoliators and all that I leave at home. Also sample bottles are good too. . .or as Ame suggested, little travel bottles from target. I use these for shampoo and conditioner, plus face wash.

Oh, and if you have a Sephora store near you, you can basically get small samples of everything - they''ll even make samples of products not currently available in packets from the manufactorer, in little clear mini pots if you ask. This way you can have prepackaged samples ready to go!

For me, my face products and makeup really add up cost wise and this is another reason I minimize when on vacation. If you loose your makeup or forget some items in your hotel, it can get pricey to replace. The less you bring, the less stress there is!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have found that trips are a good time to figure out if you really need all that stuff on your face. I have had severe acne & rosacea since I was 11 (I am 34 now). I have been on pretty much the same topical regime for the last 5 years. So, my normal routine was 3 topicals in the am, 2 topicals in the pm, plus moisturizer, eye cream & makeup. With so many products, it''s hard to tell what you really need. So, when I go on a trip, I leave one item home and see how my skin reacts. If it reacts ok while I''m gone, I leave it out of my routine at home. I keep it out unless my skin flares back up. After awhile of doing this on trips I am now down to 1 acne/rosacea topical (Differin cream) and minimal makeup. In the winter, I do use moisturizer before bed but I found I can go on trips without it. In fact, my skin is so clear now that I can even skip foundation/powder. Just a bit of eye make up & some lip gloss. So, 1 topical, a bit of eye make up & lip gloss hardly take up any room in my purse. And best of all I save tons of money per month...(especially since my health insurance doesn''t cover acne medicine past age 30)--more than enough to step up my hair color appointments since now I have more grey--ugh!

So, you might want to try to find out what you REALLY need.......Just a thought.

P.S. You have one really sweet guy if he is willing to carrry your skincare stuff. There is no way I could get my honey to carry a bag of makeup & face stuff for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results