shape
carat
color
clarity

How to Store A Gown...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ladies,
Any suggestions how to store my bridal gown for my wedding (not for another 13+ months)?
I know the shop has those storing kits but I''d prefer not to spend so much if I can avoid it. Anyone else order their gowns a long while before the wedding? How did you store it and how did it work out?

Thanks in advance for your help, ladies!
35.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I bought a cloth garment bag and stored it flat under my bed at first. But the dog kept crawling under there so I put it on the top shelf of the closet. FYI: My dress is pretty heavily beaded so I didn''t want it to hang.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Buy a gusseted, breathable garment bag online (mine was $8 on eBay) and hang it from somewhere that''s out of sight, out of the way, and which doesn''t get any sunlight or artificial light on it.

My bridal shop actually stored my gown free for me, for 8 months.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I have mine in a dark, cloth, breathable garment bag, laying across the top of the closet in our guest room. I have a strong willed FI who doesn''t want to see it until the wedding, so it really hasn''t been a problem.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Excellent! Thank you, ladies! I have a dark travel garment bag, and am wondering if that might do as well as the lighter cloth breathable bag?

It can be stored in a nice, cool, dark space where it is covered and won''t get musty. I think I got it. Great tips!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results