shape
carat
color
clarity

how to sell back to jeweller

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

songj2

Rough_Rock
okay, need some help here. after a broken engagement, i do have the ring back. problem is, i don''t know how to go about trying to sell the diamond. before i pursued this, thought i''d get some feedback. would it be wise to go back to the jeweller i bought it from? if so, what could i expect to get back for my ring (percentage-wise)? or would it make more sense to go to a place like e-bay and try my luck there? please help...

junho
confused.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
How long has it been since you purchased the ring? Was it a custom piece? Check the return policy on your receipt. Chances are that it's been too long since you've purchased it, and you may have to try to sell it on your own. You can try ebay...if you have a cert that would be very helpful. You can expect to take a hit in the price...most people are looking for a bargin on Ebay. If you haven't already, get an appraisal for insurance replacement value, not retail replacement. You'll get a more accurate value of what you have.

Sorry to hear about the broken engagement. Good luck to you!

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Consignment might be a possibility. You'll take a hit on price but at least you may get some traffic to take a look at your stone.

Good luck to you. At least your ex did the honorable thing and returned the ring!

R/A[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results