shape
carat
color
clarity

how to perpose in cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

quinn23

Rough_Rock
any ideas?

Leviclimber

Rough_Rock
start by spelling ''propose'' correctly!

I am just kidding, that was kinda nasty...I know it was a typo....I do it all the time!

I have never been to Cincinnati, so I will see if I can help you figure something out in a more general manner. What are your shared interests? Is there a place (or several places) in Cincinnati that you have shared a special moment (think something formative, or definitive...something that is super-precious or something that marked the moment that you knew she was the one)? I personally like outdoors proposals...is there a special park nearby that you go walking in? Some other places to visit...churches, coffee shops, jewelry shops (then she''ll never guess that you have one already in your pocket), sporting events, hot dog stands (hey, why not?), etc...Have you decided on a time of day? (non-sequiter)

I like the idea of starting off the day ''normally'' and then gradually build up to the moment (which I personally think should happen close to the evening...maybe sunset? maybe afterward in dim (think sparkly) lighting?). She''ll start off thinking everything is normal, and a series of planned (unknown to her) ''coincidences'' and activities will get her thinking...and then second-guessing... Just keep building it up all day and finally when you get to that point, you propose, and her emotions (and yours too) will just burst...ahh, it all looks so wonderful in my mind''s eye!

Well, hopefully that''ll get you started! If you get some ideas, post ''em and we''ll hash ''em out! I wish you the best!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
hi, I''ve never been to Cincinnati, but I did a quick GOOGLE search for you.

This link:
http://www.digitalcity.com/cincinnati/bestromanticrestaurants/
lists AOL''s top ten list for the top ten romantic restaurants in Cincinnati. That website has links for more information about each restaurant.

Here''s the top ten:

1. The Celestial Steakhouse
Mount Adams
It''s simply heavenly: Celestial''s extraordinary, eclectic cuisine and jaw-dropping bird''s-eye view rank it high above the fray.

2. Maisonette
Downtown
Enjoy French, five-star dining.
3. Tousey House
Burlington, KY
This charmer is worth the drive.
4. Grand Finale
Glendale
Desserts steal the show.
5. Jean Robert''s at Pigall''s
Downtown
Native Frenchman Robert''s at Pigall''s

6. The Palace
Downtown
Get the royal treatment.
7. Barresi''s
Silverton
Get romantic, Italian-style.
8. Chokolate Morel
Mason
Enjoy the B&B atmosphere.
9. Nicola''s
Downtown
Candlelit Italian offers romance.
10. Germano''s
Montgomery
Here, it''s all about elegance.

Sorry that I can''t give you more info, but I''ve never been to any of these restaurants. Hopefully a local will chime in and say if they like any of these places.

Could you give us any more info on what sort of proposal you would like to do?? Public? Private? Super romantic? Unique? What sorts of things do the 2 of you like to do?
Are you both local Cincinnati residents, or will you only be in town for the proposal?

Best of luck!!!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
One last one:

http://www.cincinnati.com/visitorsguide/stories/122100_greenspots.html

The website has the following info:

"Check out these places in Cincinnati to reassure yourself that winter won't last forever:

Delhi Flower and Garden Center
135 Northland Blvd., Springdale
(513) 771-7117
Hours: Christmas Eve, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., then, beginning the day after Christmas, Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m.

Manatee Springs at the Cincinnati Zoo
3400 Vine St., Cincinnati
(513) 281-4700
Hours: Sunday-Thursday 9 a.m.-9 p.m., park closes at 9:30 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 9 a.m.-9:30 p.m., park closes at 10 p.m.
Admission: adults $11, seniors $8.50, children ages 2-12 $5.50, children under 2 free. Children's Zoo admission: $1, children under 2 free. Admission is free for zoo members.

Krohn Conservatory
1501 Eden Park Dr., Mt. Adams
(513) 352-4080
Hours: Daily 10 a.m.-8 p.m. through Dec. 30; Daily 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 31-Jan. 7 "

The picture below is from the Krohn Conservatory. It looks like it could be a romantic place any time of year since it is indoors
1.gif
Has anyone ever been to it and can give it a thumbs up or thumbs down??

greenspotgirl.jpg

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
ahhhhhhhh, a thread after my own heart...which I left in my hometown of Cincinnati 10 years ago! There are lots of amazing spots to choose from, but one of my very favorites is the Eden Park Reflecting Pond, at the Eden Park overlook. Whenever I return "home" for a visit I make it a point to get up there. It''s one of the most peaceful and serene places I''ve ever been to. There is a little white walking bridge that crosses the pond. Can''t think of a better place for a special memory! Here''s one of many recent pictures I took of that spot. Best of luck, let us know how it goes!
9.gif

eden park pond.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results