shape
carat
color
clarity

How to password a printer on Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a new printer/scanner (Cannon MP600) and hooked it up to my Windows XP desktop. On the XP machine we have multiple users...my husband and I have administrative rights while our kids do not. Our kids have a habit of printing useless stuff and using all the ink so I would like to put a password so that the kids can''t print unless we come down and type in the password for them. Is this possible? If yes, can you tell me how?

Thanks!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
nope
there are a couple things that can be done but unpluging and pluging the printer back in would bypass them.
Windows printing system is pretty sucky and messing with it is begging for trouble.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Right click your printer and go to properties. Click on the security tab & remove the everyone group. Add your kids account and deny printing permission that way if they need to print you can sign on to your account and print from there, then sign off and sign them back on to their account.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Vegas--Thanks. I''m going to try that tonight. Much easier than remembering to take the powercord with me all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results