shape
carat
color
clarity

How to keep your teeth healthy and white?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bad teeth due to genetics, but I'm trying to make them better!

I am cutting back on sugar because I have two new cavities. It is hard for me to food because I love sweets! I am also trying to consume more Vitamin D (seafood, mushrooms, and supplements). I am considering fluoride gum. I brush and floss regularly but am now doing it after lunch. I have brushed my teeth with charcoal powder on the past but did not notice an increase in whiteness. I may buy a water pik.

What do you do? I might need a retainer because my teeth have shifted... Easier to not care! Lol!

Q

Queenie60

I went through a teeth "overhaul" about 4 years ago. My lower fronts had shifted and were pushing on my top fronts. You may look into something called "the six month smile" if you're in the US? The dentist will place clear braces on your front teeth only to straighten out any shifting that has gone one. They adjust them weekly and within 3 to 6 months your teeth are straight again. Then a bit of contouring and professional whitening, you're set to go! Cavities and other dental problems, I suggest you visit the dentist to have those repaired first. Regular bi-annual visits should take care of the health part of the teeth. Wish you luck as I feel teeth are very important, not only for eating but the overall health of your mouth can translate into your heart health as well. Also, there's nothing more youthful than a beautiful smile!! :wavey: :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've found that a nightly fluoride rinse - like Act (with no alcohol) brand has kept me from getting new cavities. I also avoid whitening toothpastes because they are too abrasive, and now any dingyness is caused by enamel erosion, so I stick with regular pronamel toothpaste with a sonicare toothbrush. Sonicare is amazing - it's gentler than when I was using a manual toothbrush, and does a nice job of cleaning teeth and gums.

holidaysee12

Rough_Rock
The best way is using good qualities toothpastes and suitable toothbrushes. If it dont help you, you think about visit to dentist.

MarlonN

Rough_Rock
I'm ashamed to admit that I've missed the last couple of appointments to the dentist (on purpose) but I do try to take really good care of my teeth at home. The simple procedures always have the best results. Brush twice a day, rinse with a powerful mouthwash, floss and avoid excessive sugar.

AnnaLiza

Rough_Rock
I too have bad teeth. I don't think that brushing is a solution for bad teeth because I brush twice a day.

MarinoCosta

Rough_Rock
Have you tried soda? It's natural and help to keep your teeth white. I use soda twice a month

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
MarinoCosta|1478775426|4096277 said:
Have you tried soda? It's natural and help to keep your teeth white. I use soda twice a month
This is the best advice I've ever been given. I started using soda a while back and the results are simply amazing. It's simple, cheap and effective.

MarlonN

Rough_Rock
Someone once suggested to me that I crush one strawberry and mix it with a half teaspoon of baking powder and spread that mixture over my teeth. Rinse after 5 minutes, and use ordinary toothpaste after. I haven't tried it yet, but after hearing about the benefits of soda, I think I'm going to do so now.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I have bad teeth due to genetics, but I'm trying to make them better!

I am cutting back on sugar because I have two new cavities. It is hard for me to food because I love sweets! I am also trying to consume more Vitamin D (seafood, mushrooms, and supplements). I am considering fluoride gum. I brush and floss regularly but am now doing it after lunch. I have brushed my teeth with charcoal powder on the past but did not notice an increase in whiteness. I may buy a water pik.

What do you do? I might need a retainer because my teeth have shifted... Easier to not care! Lol!
Definitely try oil pulling. It's totally gross feeling at first, but it has FAST, MAJOR results both whitening and natural cavity repairing. My dentist always declares I am his favorite patient because of this homeopathic technique I use of oil pulling. It really is a substantial difference to your oral health.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't use the soda more than 1x month, it's too abrasive. Chew xylitol gum. Oil pulling may feel good but studies show it does nothing. The best way to repair cavities is purple Listerine and pronamel toothpaste. Listerine white rinse will help whiten but crest white strips work better. Brush, floss, swish. Btw, if you mix strawberries with soda you will stain teeth more. Mix with Listerine. BWO, RDH

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what I do is not smoke, avoid coffee, brush teeth 2x a day. Floss and then rinse with Listerine. Sometimes before an event (like every 6 months or a year) I will do 2, 3 crest white strips over a few days to improve whiteness. One box lasts me a few years. I do use a whitening toothpaste (Colgate). Maybe I will switch to pro enamel instead.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purple listerine

in-the-air

Rough_Rock
Premium
Baking soda or activated charcoal.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think sugar in itself is an issue - it's the acidic environment it creates in the mouth, which allows enamel to be eaten away and cavities to form (if I understand it correctly!).

If one does have sugar, my understanding is that chewing sugar-free gum (as mentioned above) is the best way to stimulate saliva production and reduce the acidity levels, which should reduce the risk and occurrence of cavities :)

I am no dentist, though, so perhaps it's best to ask a professional lol

Mamie Jennings

Rough_Rock
I am not sure the "white" meaning...I read some research articles before that actually, if the tooth is too white...then it's not health. But I do want to know how to making teeth a little bit white.:read:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to try some natural remedies, try brushing your teeth with lemon and salt. It's best for whitening and the strength of teeth.
So you're brushing your teeth with an acid and an abrasive??

That doesn't sound like it will do them much good...?!

in-the-air

Rough_Rock
Premium
Activated charcoal helps

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use this which is a prescription I get from my dentist. Costs around $11-18 depending on where you get it. It strengthens the enamel so my teeth are less sensitive and fewer cavities. It comes in a couple of flavors (vanilla mint is my fav). Highly recommend.

781F2055-DC57-48E0-91E8-B3F01BA62BD5.jpeg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My teeth maintenance is basic and simple. I do not need to worry about cavities. My main focus is healthy gum. Twice daily, I brush with Spinbrush electrical toothbrush, floss, and use soft pick to “brush” any gaps between teeth (near gum). Have dental checkup and cleaning twice a year. The toothpaste I use is Arm&Hammer that contains baking soda.
I do not use anything for whitening teeth, but I wear a mouth guard at night to prevent damage from teeth grinding.

I think and hope that I have a full set of healthy teeth till I die.

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
2 things that work fast to whiten teeth: oil pulling (I saw results after 2 days but the initial reaction was gag worthy). Activated charcoal (do this only at night and floss afterwards). You'll notice a difference in a day - I promise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results