shape
carat
color
clarity

How to get a stubborn Daddy to stay out of something dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Long story short. My dad is a huge fan of fishing, he goes fishing every once or twice a week whenever he has time in all weather conditions.

Now the weather is getting warmer and the ice is melting and a several accidents were sadly happened and on the news a several times. No matter how much I showed my concerns and how many times I have talked my dad not to go onto the ice, he never listens, and even got all angry at me from bugging him.

He knows exactly how dangerous it is, and he just loves taking risks. It's been driving me and my FI and of course my mom crazy, and even my future in laws are getting worried about him still fishing on the ice.

Anyone experience similar issues and how did you deal with that?

-SK

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
ugh, my inlaws were out ice fishing this w/e too and i thought it was sketchy. We still have a ton of ice on the lakes but when you get a truck, a bunch of skidoos and maybe an ice hut all in one area, it freaks me out.
A young woman fell thru the ice and died this weekend. right in front of our cottage --yet my family never thinks it''ll happen to them.

Sometimes i ask my father in law : "would you take Cohen (my son) out on the ice right now for a walk?" If the answer is no, then i ask "so how come you are going--he needs a grandpa"!

It''s a worked a few times, but unfortunately men are stubborn and will do exactly as they please

8.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t sound safe...I would worry too

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Jas12: same feeling here. When I asked Dad again today "So did you walk out on the half iced lake today? and the ice is melting isn''t it?" and he just casually said, "of course I did! the ice not gonna melt so quickly!"
38.gif

Italiahaircolor: sigh...!

and tonight, he suggested to bring my dog to go fishing with him on the half iced lake...
7.gif
I''m nearly speechless, I always wish the ice would melted instantly over night so he won''t go guessing the thickness of it!!

-SK

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If your mom hasn''t gotten him to stop after all the years he''s been doing this I doubt you can make a difference. Do people wear life jackets out there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results