shape
carat
color
clarity

How to choose the size of a toe ring?

stci

Ideal_Rock
Question is in the title.

If I want a non ajustable ring, how to choose the right size of a toe ring please?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I guess ... using a ring sizer:

ring_sizer.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Ring sizer can do for the toes too? Ok... thinking it was only for fingers. Thank you!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome!!!
Any project of getting a diamond toe ring?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I converted an old 1/2 eternity into a toe ring. I just went to my jeweler and used the ring sizer. He actually suggested that I had a clasp? I can't remember now what he called it, but because the knuckle of my toes are bigger than the base, the ring would open to slide over it and then close snuggly at the base of the toe. I think I'm going back to do that because I almost lost it swimming recently! :o

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I remember reading once that people's toe ring size is usually 1/2 their shoe size (i.e. size 8 shoe=size 4 toe). I thought no way, my toe can't be a size 5, it's gotta be smaller than that! Nope, it really is a 5 ;( . Just go to a jewwler and get sized correctly to make sure before you order one.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Stci, I referred you to a toe ring vendor (the one who made mine). He will send you a toe ring sizer so that you can get your perfect size before ordering

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wahoooo! Thank you very much! This will help!

I would like to see your diamond toe rings girls!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Another question please.

What is the best manner to wear a toe ring? Like the first one or the second one?

1.jpg

2.jpg

mesmerized

Rough_Rock
stci|1310178599|2965235 said:
Another question please.

What is the best manner to wear a toe ring? Like the first one or the second one?
For me I love the look towards the top of the toe best, but I wear them in both places.

It depends on the type of toe ring I am wearing. I have both full band and adjustable. Somtimes the adjustable ones pinch the bottom of my toe when they are closer to the end. Even so, I mainly wear then like the first photo.

I have a 4 leaf clover I bought for fun with a clear rubberized band and I wear that on like the second photo. It just seems like the right place for it.

I don’t think there is a right or wrong, it all depends on the ring and the sandals you are wearing.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine above the first knuckle. Otherwise, it bugs me. If I wear it at the top of my toe, I feel nothing. Mine is hand-engraved platinum with .29 carats of E/VS2 diamonds. I have photos in another thread, but can't find it at the moment.

12_22_2010_10_19_08.jpg

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
those french manicured toes are kind of long, don't you think?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1310231411|2965529 said:
I wear mine above the first knuckle. Otherwise, it bugs me. If I wear it at the top of my toe, I feel nothing. Mine is hand-engraved platinum with .29 carats of E/VS2 diamonds. I have photos in another thread, but can't find it at the moment.

Tanzigrrl, it looks like your toe ring has the hinge that my jeweler suggested for my toe ring! Hows it work? Do you like it? I almost lost mine swimming and have been afraid to wear it since, so I think I'm going to have him add the hinge for me. I love your ring!! :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wow Tanzigrrl, your toe ring is to die for! I would like to be able to have a ring like this! Congrats!

Thank you all for your advice. I think I'm gonna wear it like the first pic. Seem more comfortable.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have had so many toe rings. Most were the cuff type. Some were silver, some were gold. In fact, I broke my 14kt yellow gold and diamond one in a pool too. So I decided that I needed a platinum one with an adjusto-shank. Indestructible! My toe pad is much bigger than my toe so Larry Smith at Maui Toe Rings recommended an adjustable shank to fix this problem. This way, I can get my toe ring on, and it fits the smallest part of my toe which is a size 2. The hand engraving was a nice bonus from him, too. He can make you any toe ring in any metal, gemstone, style you can think of, and is a delight to work with. www.mauitoerings.com

ToeRingOnToe.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stci|1310155012|2964923 said:

how bout a guy's toe ring?...1.10 ctw on 14K YG... :praise:

toe 13128.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1310347489|2966171 said:
stci|1310155012|2964923 said:

how bout a guy's toe ring?...1.10 ctw on 14K YG... :praise:

YUM!!!! :lickout: Ok I am offically :mrgreen: !

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Stci, I'd recommend you try sticking some of your rings on your toes. You may be surprised by how a toe ring fits you- for example, I can just barrrrrrely squeeze the size 6.5 eternity ring I have over my toe pad (and this ring is huge on my hands, I wear it as a thumb ring!)- turned out, on my toe, it's really a tight fit to get on. My toe is so much smaller after the pad, it's ridiculously loose and hurts because it gets all wedged down over the toe pad. If I wanted a toe ring, I would *have* to get one of the special latchy ones. So I'd recommend you try some of the stuff you have laying around the house to see what, if anything, they fit like on your feet. And that way you can maybe find out if you can stand the feeling of a toe ring in general- as it is, I can't, they just annoy me to death... and it would really, really *suck* to discover that after buying a lovely diamond one, so if you have anything at all to play with at home, do it. Fun project! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results