carat
color
clarity

How to care for a found cat?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!!

I ordered the Petmate one... is that the one you found cumbersome, or the Iris?? I chose the Petmate due to ease of scooping (square and no weird crevices).

The Petmate is great! The Iris was the one I found cumbersome.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive read online that cats sometimes don’t drink enough water. I feed him wet food which supposedly helps but how can I tell if it’s enough?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive read online that cats sometimes don’t drink enough water. I feed him wet food which supposedly helps but how can I tell if it’s enough?

I have 3 indoor water bowls and 4 outside, just keep then all fresh and they do drink, just kind of keep an eye out and pull learn what'd normal
I think wet food is a good idea

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 3 indoor water bowls and 4 outside, just keep then all fresh and they do drink, just kind of keep an eye out and pull learn what'd normal
I think wet food is a good idea

Right now his favorite water bowl is the cup I keep in the couch cup holder for him. Lol.

029A5B63-FCF2-4711-95C5-83066382F1B1.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When my kitty was on mixed (wet and dry), he would beg for water at the faucet, even when I lay out fresh water daily. Since I transitioned him to a fully wet diet, he no longer asks for water. I also keep an eye on his litter and he's producing the same amount of daily "wet" clumps as prior.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We always had our cat on wet food and she very rarely drank water. We were not worried because her bowel movements were consistent. It wasn’t until she was in the end stages of her cancer and unable to eat that she drank a lot of water.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now his favorite water bowl is the cup I keep in the couch cup holder for him. Lol.

029A5B63-FCF2-4711-95C5-83066382F1B1.jpeg

Well, for a cat stolen water tastes best. It's a little bit like how they find boxes irresistible. They are weird creatures, but it's why we love them.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: Shale turned 1 years old on Valentine’s Day (I assigned him that birthday based on vet estimates).

He continues to seem very satisfied with life as a condo cat. He’s never expressed any interest in leaving for the outside world and in fact will run away to my bedroom if I open the front door.

He’s survived a few trips to the vet, most of them due to my being a nervous cat mom. He’s a nervous wreck when we go but he behaves well and keeps all his pointy bits to himself. He just tries to hide against me. He’s healthy as a cat can be.

Adjustment to litter box has gone smoothly despite continued challenges at spatial awareness that prevents him from accurately covering his desired targets. He tries valiantly and often wakes me up as he bangs around the edges of the litter pan.

He’s done well so far with all humans and dogs that have visited. He seems to like to herd and trap the dogs. Go figure. He’s a bit of a bully.

His favorite toy is the little mice and he loves to play fetch. His least favorite thing to do is getting his ears cleaned. I swear he flattens his ears so hard he looks like he’s absorbed them into his head.

He’s started vomiting from his wet food it seems. So he’s on a dry food run until I have a plan to test out alternate wet options. He was doing fine for a while but it’s definitely the wet food. When we stop it the vomit stops and when we reintroduce it, vomiting comes back. My guess is he’s sensitive to an ingredient.

He sends his love and paw pats for all the nice people that have helped give advice to ease his adoption!

737615 B8200167-4532-4BB8-8C50-18AC13C90B2A.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

@MakingTheGrade - you're a great cat mom! My son recently rescued a small kitten left on the streets. It breaks my heart that so many are left to fend for themselves. Needless to say, I'm helping with the cat expenses, my way of giving back. Your cat is beautiful and I am sure most greatful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade - you're a great cat mom! My son recently rescued a small kitten left on the streets. It breaks my heart that so many are left to fend for themselves. Needless to say, I'm helping with the cat expenses, my way of giving back. Your cat is beautiful and I am sure most greatful!

Yay! You go @Queenie60 and son! It is wonderful that you and your son rescued a small kitten. Thank you!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: Shale turned 1 years old on Valentine’s Day (I assigned him that birthday based on vet estimates).

He continues to seem very satisfied with life as a condo cat. He’s never expressed any interest in leaving for the outside world and in fact will run away to my bedroom if I open the front door.

He’s survived a few trips to the vet, most of them due to my being a nervous cat mom. He’s a nervous wreck when we go but he behaves well and keeps all his pointy bits to himself. He just tries to hide against me. He’s healthy as a cat can be.

Adjustment to litter box has gone smoothly despite continued challenges at spatial awareness that prevents him from accurately covering his desired targets. He tries valiantly and often wakes me up as he bangs around the edges of the litter pan.

He’s done well so far with all humans and dogs that have visited. He seems to like to herd and trap the dogs. Go figure. He’s a bit of a bully.

His favorite toy is the little mice and he loves to play fetch. His least favorite thing to do is getting his ears cleaned. I swear he flattens his ears so hard he looks like he’s absorbed them into his head.

He’s started vomiting from his wet food it seems. So he’s on a dry food run until I have a plan to test out alternate wet options. He was doing fine for a while but it’s definitely the wet food. When we stop it the vomit stops and when we reintroduce it, vomiting comes back. My guess is he’s sensitive to an ingredient.

He sends his love and paw pats for all the nice people that have helped give advice to ease his adoption!

01A5CF7E-9273-4240-BCD4-4F909C1521A2.jpeg B8200167-4532-4BB8-8C50-18AC13C90B2A.jpeg

Awwww he is such a sweetie pie @MakingTheGrade :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results