shape
carat
color
clarity

How to buy the ring without the diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisa20

Rough_Rock
I asked it in Rocky Talky-- but desperate for an answer..
I bought a yellow gold eternity band, princess cut, channel setting in LA jewelry district, size 6... and it''s too big for me.

My question is-- how much does it cost to buy just a band without the diamonds and put my diamonds there? where can I buy one? I couldn''t find any website that sells just the band.

Thank you,

Lisa :)

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
You can look for wedding bands. You can ask them for a ring mount that is pre-cut. How plain do you want it? How far around the band do the diamonds go? ie. is this eternity a: 1/4et, 1/2et or full et'? If you have photo of what you would like, that would make life easier.

The shop will set it, but that usually isn't cheap in a plain band. Though they get the metal scrap, it can take a while to cut in the channels. You might not save money there. It may be cheaper to have bricks and mortor shop sell you the ring and make the setting. I am sure shops on-line would organise to have it set. This is one case where on-line might not be as cheap.

Hope this helps,

Phillip

lisa20

Rough_Rock
Full et.

I didn''t quite understand what would be my best bet. The size is a little big (I slept with it and it fell)
Will it be very noticeable if they resize the ring (i.e. take one diamond out and solder it back together...)?
If they take out one diamond, what will be the size difference?

Here is the picture of my ring: htt://www.japanhappy.com/ring.jpg

And we just found 8 inclusions... 8 black dots inside the diamonds... what should we do?

lisa20

Rough_Rock
sorry-
http://www.japanhappy.com/ring.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see a channel set band with small princess cuts...

As far as I know, these bands cannot be sized unless they are not set full circle with diamonds. So all that''s left to do is ask a jeweler to remake the ring using the stones. It makes little sense to buy a blank. This is the jeweler''s mission to select the parts just because so many technical details are to be taken into account.

Would it be possible to exchange the ring at the shop where you bought it? There must be some warranty attached (is there?) and then, everyone knows these are not resizeable and by simple common sense the shop may have some policy to deal with such requests. My guess is you are neither the first not the last to come to them with this problem.

Just 0.2, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results