shape
carat
color
clarity

How to ask for Blessing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mjboone13

Rough_Rock

I have a dilemma, I want to ask her parents for their blessing to get married, but I live in a different state as them. Also, her parents are divorced so I am planning on asking both her mom and dad separately.

One idea I had was to videotape a message to them and ask for their blessing in the video, and then they can call me to talk about it. That way they can see it in my eyes how much I want to marry their daughter.

I don’t want to call, write, or email, and I can’t fly out to each one before we get engaged, so any other ideas or suggestions?

M

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
that sounds good to me. to you have a close relationship with them?

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
Well my girlfriend and I have dated for 3 years now, and i have a strong relationship with her mom. I have stayed at her house, been on vacation with her, the whole deal.

Her dad, not really. Met him in person twice, talked on the phone with him. It was a bad split-up, he has since remarried and isnt that involved with his children, as you can tell by me only meeting him twice in 3 years. But he still feels like he is in control of his children and wants to be asked for his blessing.

suchairman

Rough_Rock
In this situation, I think the video may be a good idea. It''s definietly a different approach. I live in a different state from my fiance as well so I can imagine how difficult it is. However, both her parents are together. But, I also think that u should find out her feelings about u asking her dad b/c from what i''m gathering they don''t have a solid father/daughter relationship and she may not want you to take it that far. But then understanding your position if this is going to be your future father-in-law, you don''t want to step on his toes and start off with animosity.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Wow. A video? That''s pretty interesting. I was in a different country at the time and just called, but I just asked her dad. I had to write down what I was going to say because I was nervous. I was more nervous about that than proposing or saying I do at the wedding...and her dad is ultra laid back. I think guys asking for blessing is rare these days so any effort is appreciated.

Writing or emailing is out of the question. Since you are far away, I don''t think calling is inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results