shape
carat
color
clarity

How the heck do you resize pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I KNOW i''m not the only one with this question...what is the easiest way to resize monstrous pics to a more manageble size?

Thanks!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
In the program you use (like Photoshop) there should be a function to resize the pic. Look across the tool bar at the top of the sceen and play around. in Photoshop, it''s "image" then "Image Size" from the drop-down list. I usually make my pics 5x5 or 6x6 or therebouts.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can also size by pixels...I usually try to resize for Pscope to about 300 or 350 width pixels and let the height adjust accordingly, keeping the ratio the same. I find anything over 400 tends to stretch my browser out and not be entirely visible to everyone (since not everyone has their browser size the same in their window).

If you have Photoshop, you don't even really have to know much to use it for resizing...just open it, open the picture and then go to Image Size from one of the pulldowns (which may depend on which version you have, aka the smaller limited version or the full loaded version) and adjust however you please. Then re-save the image as a JPG or GIF for web, choose a 'high' file size vs a max for online and then you are set!

With other picture applications it's very similar...most of them have something called Resize or Image Size or something along those lines which allows you to do the same thing, adjust by pixels, by inches, or by ratio to the original picture (aka 50% of the original 100% size).

When you are done, just re-save and/or save as a new file in a web friendly format and you're done.

Good luck!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a graphic of Photoshop in action that hopefully will show some of the steps.

The first screen shot is resizing the pixels (or inches) - I got there by clicking on "Image" on the top menu, then on "Image Size" in the drop down menu. Note that before this I had cropped the picture to show just what I wanted (in this case, websailor floating in Tahiti waters) .

The next shot shows reducing the quality of the picture - most digital cameras shoot at a fairly high default quality, and it is way more than you need for pictures on the web. So we can reduce the quality from high down to medium. I got there by clicking on "File", "Save", and making sure I had JPG picked as the file type. This screen comes up next.

The last thing I always do is check the file size before I try to upload it - it has to be below 100,000 bytes (or 97.6 mb).

I hope this helps!
21.gif

photoshop_02.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to bump this old thread but I had forgotten i posted it (doh!) until I needed to resize a pic and remembered! Thanks so much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results