shape
carat
color
clarity

How smart are you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
On of my friends forwarded me this test, and it''s kinda fun....not like most IQ tests at all.

Intelligence Test

I will disclose my score once some of you have tried it. All I can say is that both of my kids were speaking in full sentences, reciting the alphabet, knew all their colors, shapes and animals by 18 months.....and they got it from ME (tooting own horn)!!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I took this test after it was posted on another board. I got 21 before I gave up. There are a few answers that are culturally biased so I don't put much stock in the accuracy of the test. Also, spelling and grammer count. If you have the right answer but don't spell something right, it won't be marked right. I had to look up the correct spellings of two words.

It's amazing on the other board how many women were boasting of scores of 31-33!! Who knew there were so many geniuses in the world?

All three of my children were also speaking in full sentences at 18 months. They just inherited my big mouth!!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about genius, but I''m taking a break with 24 right. I''m not giving up on the rest, but I have some other stuff to get to (like work)!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I got to 13 before I became frustrated, googled the rest of the answers & filled them in for a perfect 33
2.gif

Does that make me a cheater, or even smarter for not wasting too much time trying to figure it out on my own?
11.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2006 5:37:07 PM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*
I got to 13 before I became frustrated, googled the rest of the answers & filled them in for a perfect 33
2.gif

Does that make me a cheater, or even smarter for not wasting too much time trying to figure it out on my own?
11.gif
There''s a lot to be said for knowing how to help yourself!! Very smart indeed!!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2006 5:37:00 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I don''t know about genius, but I''m taking a break with 24 right. I''m not giving up on the rest, but I have some other stuff to get to (like work)!
I also got 24, then one of my kids ran by, yanked the power cord off my laptop, and something screwy happened to it, and it shut down. I never went back to it, I figured I''m already a genius, I don''t need to know if I''m the geekiest of all the geniuses :)

Anyhoo, the next day I also googled the answers, so I can''t go back to it even if I wanted to.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My score was....

CORRECT ANSWERS: 28 / 33

I couldn''t figure out #14, #16, #19, #30, and #31.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I just googled the answers and now I know WHY I couldn't get those. It really is culturally biased! Good thing no licensed psychologist would ever really use a test like this!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I got bored with it after about 20 questions....

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I managed 27.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aiiigh ... 16. 17 if I knew how to spell fahrenheit correctly. I tried like EVERY combo, but that one.

After looking at the answers it seems HARDLY fair that 3 of the answers are "Religious", 3 are "British", and one is "Old Pirate Song" (you know which one)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet women do better on this test than men (very verbal oriented), no analytical,symbolic, math questions. Not to rain on your parade, but this test is like testing someone''s iq by how well they do on scrabble.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2006 12:57:55 PM
Author: part gypsy
I bet women do better on this test than men (very verbal oriented), no analytical,symbolic, math questions. Not to rain on your parade, but this test is like testing someone''s iq by how well they do on scrabble.

I never intended it to gage anyone''s IQ.....I thought it was just fun, and not like any of the other gazzillion intelligence tests out there. My bro and I have comparable IQ, we were both tested throughout our lives (through the school/education system) and achieved comparable scores on each test, but he did not do well on this one that I posted. I think he said he got 7-8 and got frustrated and gave up!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey i rock at scrabble, does that mean i''m not smart?
31.gif

just kidding of course, as greg says it just means i''m SNEAKY (aka at getting to the double and triple word scores)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I didn''t mean to be snappish. I think it is good to keep one''s mind limber doing puzzles and such. Maybe I took it too personally. I used to be good at them (in High school. freshman year got first place in science olympics in competition where had to answer as many questions as could in 3 hours (and these were tough questions!), won a games magazine shirt (yes, former geek) won 2 scholarships to college). Though I still can get respectable scores on these types of tests, I my heyday at doing those games are long over!
8.gif
And I''m only 38!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I got 28 and am stumped with the rest! boy that tells me how much I''ve forgotten over the years.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it was a fun distraction (I decided to look up the rest instead of figuring them out - and honestly, there was only 1 more I would''ve ever gotten) and knew that as soon as I saw

SPOILER ALERT - Don''t read on if you want to take the quiz

as soon as I saw that some of them were from the Bible the test could not truly be an intelligence test because that''s totally biased. It was fun, and I noticed that at first only a few came to me, but after a few minutes there were a bunch more. Almost like my mind had to switch gears into that mindset first. Interesting.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I stopped at 24. That was fun. While I''m not really taking this as a test, more as a fun puzzle to work on, I didn''t find it culturally biased. Not trying to start a fight or drag this out but I correctly guessed some of those answers just based on the letters--I didn''t really know if they were right but I kind of figured them out without having the factual information. Trust me, I know absolutely nothing about the bible but I was able to guess correctly just by thinking about what the letters might spell out. Just me? Ok, carry on!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Another Spoil Alert

Date: 1/25/2006 2:56:51 PM
Author: curlygirl
I stopped at 24. That was fun. While I''m not really taking this as a test, more as a fun puzzle to work on, I didn''t find it culturally biased. Not trying to start a fight or drag this out but I correctly guessed some of those answers just based on the letters--I didn''t really know if they were right but I kind of figured them out without having the factual information. Trust me, I know absolutely nothing about the bible but I was able to guess correctly just by thinking about what the letters might spell out. Just me? Ok, carry on!
I''ll agree with you because I know absolutely nothing about the bible and yet my mind wandered that direction. However, where my mind never wandered was number of players on a team. After I read the answers I was like, gimmie a break - I don''t even know anyone who plays that.

btw I got a 22

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was trying to use the #''s to correspond to something as well..aka i thought something like 10 pins in a bowling strike; 3 sides to a triangle; and other things like that which were not in there! instead some of the ones were SO obscure seeming!

even Greg couldn''t get more than me but I did notice also that the longer I sat there and looked at it, the more my brain also thought like that too. funky.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results