shape
carat
color
clarity

How should I wear my hair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am the matron of honor for my sister's wedding in a few weeks and have NO idea how to wear my hair. My hair is long, dark and naturally wavy. I wore it half up and curly for my wedding which is nice b/c it covers my tattoo but I am not opposed to wearing it all up (though I never have). The dress is strapless if that matters. TIA!

ETA: Here is my wedding thread.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori..you have such beautiful hair! Do you want to do something different? Because I love the way you had it for your own wedding.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 9:42:42 PM
Author: Lanie
Tacori..you have such beautiful hair! Do you want to do something different? Because I love the way you had it for your own wedding.

Thank you. I actually *hate* my hair. Grass is always greener and all that. The same hair stylist is doing my sister''s wedding so it would be easy for her to do it like she did for my wedding. Are the clips too much for a MOH though? Maybe I would leave those out. Then again it might be fun to have something different.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should do it half up/half down. I think it looks so romantic... and it looked soo pretty at your wedding!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think the clips are too much. Ask your sister, but there''s no upstaging a bride at her wedding. I think it would be fun to have something different as well. Do you like those unstructured buns? They look really loose, but so feminine and romantic. You might have too much hair for a good one...grass must be greener because people would kill for your hair.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lilac, thanks! Then it would also cover my tattoo though I am less worried as a MOH than I was a bride.

Lanie, I would NEVER try to upstage her. I doubt she would care either way about the clips. She isn't really into details. Can you post a pic what you have in mind?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my dress if that helps.

6415_1128257419586_1621731554_327738_1115491_a.jpg

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 10:09:09 PM
Author: Lilac
I think you should do it half up/half down. I think it looks so romantic... and it looked soo pretty at your wedding!

Ditto
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would look lovely with it up or down T but my vote is for half up how you had it at your wedding, you have beautiful hair and this style really shows it off.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I like half up/half down. It''s so elegant and romantic.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
honey, thanks for chiming in!

Lorelei, you are always so sweet. I just talked to my sister and she said I could wear it anyway I want but did mention she would love to borrow the clips I wore to my wedding though she is going to look around to see if she likes something better.

Princesss, I am certainly comfortable with half up/half down. I even wore it to prom and homecoming like that! Thanks for your input!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
You hair looks really good half up/half down like your wedding pictures. With the curls it looks romantic and pretty formal, which matches the style of the dress. I also like the clip but I would ask your sister first, especially if she wants to use it.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen this picture a million times and I still love it. How about something like this? I don''t know how thick your hair is...if it''s too thick, any kind of bun will be huge.

hair4.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have such a beautiful face I would wear it up and sleek in a chignon.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Tacori,

I loved how your hair was done for your wedding!

If you''re looking for other options, though, I have some inspiration photos saved that I can share.

This one is a favourite. If you like it, I can attach more angles. It was how I wanted my hair for my wedding and it looked great in the trial (I too have dark wavy/curly hair). I ended up going with an updo ''cause the wind by the beach made the hair a mess!

BlogValeriePhil0004.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
this>?

taylor-swift-updo 1.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
or this?

carrie hair.jpg

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your hair is gorgeous! Half up and half down looks great. What about all down? That way it would cover the tattoo still? Or how about instead of taking your hair up starting from the ears, bring your hair back about midway from ears. Hope that makes sense.
ETA: sort of like what CDNY posted.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I definitely think you''d look lovely with a french twist or chignon--maybe with a few pieces left loose around your face?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Shave it?

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
with that dress and the summer weather, i say all up, wait did you mention how the bride was going to wear her hair? i''ve been to some weddings where the bms do the opposite of what the bride does with their hair, but that might just be me

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the wonderful idea ladies (except erica of course
11.gif
). I just realized I have no idea where to get a pretty clip for T. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results