shape
carat
color
clarity

How should I rework these diamond rings?

care73

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

These rings are family heirlooms. Sorry for the terrible picture quality. I would like to somehow rework them to make a wedding band for myself I am getting married in September. Any suggestions on what to do??? I was thinking of all of putting the small diamonds on a plain band made from the gold... Not sure how big the centre stone is? Any guesses?

_4048.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Post your engagement ring.

And go to a good local jeweler and ask them to give you an estimate of the MM size of each stone.

care73

Rough_Rock
My e-ring is currently a 1.2 ct solitaire that I'm having reset into a cushion halo like this (see pics)
Will be going to my jewellers on Monday. Don't really have a use for the larger centre stone so I don't think I will use it

_4049.jpeg

_1214.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would leave the heirloom set as it is. The diamonds are not worth enough to take out and reuse, and you are FAR better off buying a band to match your e-ring rather than trying to use old stones that may or may not be cut well. I think the old set is beautiful as it is, and I would not destroy them and try to reuse the diamonds, personally.

care73

Rough_Rock
Thanks all!
I may just keep the set as is and save it to pass down to my own daughter or wear it on my right hand sometimes.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for keeping the set as is. You don't say whose wedding rings they were. However, If it's very personal and sentimental I think it could be worth it to redo it. I vote for flush setting them in a band like a Tiffany etoile look. Stones can actually be added to an existing band. I did it once and I think they charged me $40 to set each stone. I can snap a pic if I'm not being clear.
I feel compelled to say that your ring as a solitaire is flat out gorgeous - it looks amazing on your hand!! I wouldn't reset it - just sayin'

care73

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I ended up keeping my solitaire setting :) would you mind including a pic of the etoile type ring you mentioned ? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results