shape
carat
color
clarity

How old were you...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Met at 19/20 (not really sure...some time in there), started dating at 21, married at 24. Been married for 5 years. Among my peers, I was right in the middle of when all my friends were getting married, but DH's are just now starting to get engaged/married as we're all starting to turn 30. A few friends/acquaintances of mine have already been divorced, but all in all, it's still pretty rare.

I still marvel at how young we were when we got married. I had just finished grad school, so I'd never really been outside the bubble of home and college/really on my own, and DH was 2 years into his first job. So much has changed in our first 5 years, and it's easy to see how couples fall apart under the stress of just being young and finding your way. We've been waiting (and are still waiting) to have children until we're in our 30s, with the thought that we give ourselves some time to grow up together before adding to our family. DH's parents married in their late 20s, had children very quickly, and were divorced after 10 years. My parents married in their early 20s, waited 9 years, and then had me - and they've been married 38 years.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had just turned 22 and he was 23 - we were almost the first amongst all my friends to get married and despite being the youngest of 4 girls, I was the first in my family too. We were considered WAAAAAAYYYY too young and I'm pretty sure there were some hefty bets on at the pub about how long it would last... :lol:

It was love at first sight - I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life with him after only 2 weeks of knowing each other. We moved city and in together after just 3 months and he suprised me by proposing after 6 months!

This Dec it will be our 6th anniversary and whilst it hasn't been all plain sailing I don't regret a minute of it and love him more than ever. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results