shape
carat
color
clarity

How often would you stock the jeweler?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
My jeweler that sold me a right hand ring, took the ring back on consignment and sold it. He used the money that was paid towards my wedding band. Which has been done for over a 6-8 weeks now. We have been trying to save up to FI's ring but it really is out of budget so we went with something cheaper. And since we had my jeweler do all the work sketching it and quoting the more expensive ring for FI, we agreed to have my jeweler order the cheaper ring for him so that it wasn't a complete loss for his business.

Fast foward to now, it's been 6-8 weeks since my band was finished. Still no ring. Jeweler was going to let me know last week about FI's ring, but didn't hear anything. I've checked in with him last Monday--nada; he told me he would get back to me as soon as he heard. I just sent him another email just now. I feel like I am stalking the poor guy but I would really like to get the rings paid and in my possession. I understand that he's probably pretty frustrated because we originally wanted a more expensive ring however, we had to cut back and we still kept the business with him. Not to mention he is getting money for my eternity band that is already done. Now I don't know what to do because I still do not have the rings and my FI is now worried we won't ever get them. It's been almost two months, and I feel a bit like we are getting the run around. It doesn't help that FI is really upset that it's taking so long and he is skeptical. My previous dealing with this jeweler had always been very pleasant.

What would you do?

***Crap, I meant "Stalk" not "Stock"...sorry long day
5.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Your ring has been done for 6-8 weeks, the jeweler won''t return your phone call and you''re worried that you''re bugging him? After 2 weeks I''d be showing up at the store right at opening time. Go to the store and get your rings!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 7:42:52 PM
Author: february2003bride
Your ring has been done for 6-8 weeks, the jeweler won't return your phone call and you're worried that you're bugging him? After 2 weeks I'd be showing up at the store right at opening time. Go to the store and get your rings!

LOL, I would be at the store...unfortunately it's in another city in another state (I live in Chicago, the jeweler is in Phoenix)
39.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
squeeky wheel gets the grease!

Really, i think you should pay them a visit. Emails/phone calls can get lost, but no one can deny it when you show up!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, I wold call and email daily, and then start sending certified letters...

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I must not be following you correctly. You''re saying that your ring has been completed two months ago, and you''re waiting for FI''s ring to be completed because you want them shipped out together? Unless you specifically requested the two rings to be shipped out to you in one box when you were contacted after your ring was completed (which, I hope, the jeweler did before you had to call in and probe), I see no reason why you should feel like you''re bothering the jeweler.

I get that you bought rings that cost less than your original budget, but what does that have to do with anything? Think about it: I get that the jeweler put in more work than he should have, because you changed your minds mid-order. Your ring has nothing to do with any of that. It''s a separate purchase. DEMAND your ring to be sent out IMMEDIATELY, regardless of whether FI''s band is done or not.

P.S. - and if your FI is upset, why isn''t he calling the said jeweler about it? I think it wouldn''t hurt to work as a team. If you''re really worried about coming on too strong (which shouldn''t be an issue at this point) by making all the contact yourself, use the other person.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
I would have your FI call him. Daily. And hide your caller ID when you do it, just in case he is avoiding you (which I would expect and hope he isn''t - but just in case). And write a certified letter. And ask for the rings to be shipped separately - at least get your hands on whatever is finished now. Be pleasant and polite, but persistent.

It should make NO difference that you were originally quoted a more expensive band. The jeweller should have asked to be paid for his design time from the outset if that''s what he wanted - if he didn''t, you were and are under no obligation to spend x amount with him. A professional would not let that influence their work or customer service one bit.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I left him two messages. One asking about the whereabouts of FI''s ring and one about me getting my wedding band now and just paying for them seperately. I don''t know why he would want to keep my band for months and not have me pay for it already.
33.gif
I''ve been trying to be patient but I guess I will just keep pestering him until I get my rings!

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 12:51:51 PM
Author: cupcake*muffin
Ok, I left him two messages. One asking about the whereabouts of FI''s ring and one about me getting my wedding band now and just paying for them seperately. I don''t know why he would want to keep my band for months and not have me pay for it already.
33.gif
I''ve been trying to be patient but I guess I will just keep pestering him until I get my rings!

I hate to say it, but is there any chance he has gone out of business? It''s just I''m also having trouble thinking of a reason why he would keep a ring for months without asking for payment...

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 1:59:55 PM
Author: LilyKat

Date: 2/23/2010 12:51:51 PM
Author: cupcake*muffin
33.gif

I hate to say it, but is there any chance he has gone out of business? It''s just I''m also having trouble thinking of a reason why he would keep a ring for months without asking for payment...
Oh no, he is definitely in business and business is good...he was just featured in the news and on one of those entertainment shows a few months back. So I don''t know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results