shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you wear your ring?

Biba

Rough_Rock
So, how often do you wear your engagement/wedding ring and how often do you clean it?

I wear my solitaire and plain wedding band 24/7 and only take it off in the kitchen if I'm making meatballs or working with pastry/dough. I don't have a specific jewellery cleaner or ultrasound to clean my ring but when I wash my son's bottles in the evening I give my ring a quick clean too in the same warm water solution. It never looks as clean as when I first received it from Whiteflash!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my diamond ring every day and clean it at least once a day.

I take it off for showers, hand washing, and household chores that put it at risk of damage or collecting yucky gunk.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my ering daily and swap out between 4 bands. Sometimes I wear my solitaire alone. I never wear my rings when I wash my hands and take them off to do dishes, cleaning or laundry. I clean my rings every night by soaking them in a mix of Windex and water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I wear my solitaire everyday and swap out bands. I wash it every morning. I give it a soak in some warm soapy water while I brush my teeth.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
I wear my ring daily and nightly and remove it to shower because it's a little too big and will fall off if I use conditioner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q

Queenie60

Most days I don't wear it because I'm working in the garden, household chores or working out at the gym. If I go out for grocery shopping, dinner, etc. then I wear it. I keep it off because most of the day I spend doing household chores and I don't want gunk buildup and it bothers me while I am working with my hands. Don't wear to the gym as I feel that lifting weights and other strenuous exercise can damage the ring.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my engagement ring and band 24/7 every day. I take them off and clean them in warm water and white vinegar once a week or occasionally more if they need it.

Biba

Rough_Rock
For those who remove their ring/rings to wash their hands, do you also do this in public? I'd be scared that I'd forget it in the washroom!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swap between 2 (soon to be 3) e-rings. :oops: I only wear them when I go out in public. I don't wear my band (s) 24/7 either. Only when I go out. I clean them when I get home.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my e-ring whenever I leave my house. I would feel naked without it!!! But, I take my ring and all my jewelry off the minute I get home for the night. Like others, I also take my rings off whenever I wash my hands. I don't like clanking the shanks together because I always where a RHR. I probably clean my rings twice a week in an ultrasonic and I also clean the table of my diamonds with a microfiber towel multiple times a week. It is amazing how well the towel works!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Biba|1468350599|4054823 said:
For those who remove their ring/rings to wash their hands, do you also do this in public? I'd be scared that I'd forget it in the washroom!

Yes, I take my rings off in public. I actually have no concern about forgetting them, because I just simply feel naked without my rings. I am more concerned about someone grabbing them, but I am very cautious about that and won't take them off in a busy venue (mall or airport). I am also very cautious if a sink doesn't have a strainer on it!!! Most public bathrooms I use are at work, where I trust my co-workers, and restaurants where there usually is a single bathroom.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really only wear my rings (of any sort) when I leave the house. I don't work outside the home. I take them off as soon as I get home. I will wash my hands with my rings on rather than remove them and risk dropping them (I'm a klutz!). I clean them pretty often, but honestly, they sit in a ring holder 90% of the time. I wear a gold band most of the time and sometimes even forget to wear my diamonds. I know, I should have my PS membership revoked. :cheeky:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear it almost never. I almost never wear any of my stuff. I can't function if I am wearing jewelry, but especially not rings. I need to use the phone, and having earrings on bugs me on the phone. Necklaces make me sweat, so I just wear that for nice things. But if I have rings on, my hand is merely there for decoration is not to be used for any purpose other than holding a drink, and that's pushing it. I simply do not allow my left hand to be used with rings on. Nothing gets touched while I wear the rings.

But I clean them all the time. Daily or every other day. Worn or not.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
tweeter8177|1468353258|4054839 said:
Biba|1468350599|4054823 said:

Yes, I take my rings off in public. I actually have no concern about forgetting them, because I just simply feel naked without my rings. I am more concerned about someone grabbing them, but I am very cautious about that and won't take them off in a busy venue (mall or airport). I am also very cautious if a sink doesn't have a strainer on it!!! Most public bathrooms I use are at work, where I trust my co-workers, and restaurants where there usually is a single bathroom.
Id sooner not wash my hands than take them off. Sanitizer wipes or sprays or whatever, if need be.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will wear mine when I leave the house generally. If I am in sweats and just running to the store for a minute I probably won't. I take them off as soon as I get home. I don't wear them if I'm just around the house incl gardening/cooking.

eta - I also don't take mine off if I wash my hands. I am 100% afraid to drop them down the sink (or have them get pushed somehow) or forget them.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I always wear my ring when I leave the house but don't wear it at home (unless we're entertaining) because I'm constantly applying hand cream or washing/cleaning/cooking something. For quick daily cleaning, I soak it in alcohol and wipe with a sparklesparkle cloth. On weekends I do a major cleaning with jewelry cleaner and a toothbrush.

I thought I was weird because I always remove my rings when I wash my hands, but the water here leaves a film on everything and my rings are loose when my hands are wet. If I'm in a public place, I put my ring in my mouth while I wash. I know I won't lose or forget it there.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my rings only get worn about once or twice a week..I usually clean them once a week because of this..I do however wear a 2mm 18K band 99.9% of time...I work from home so no sense in wearing the other stuff.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I wear them when I leave the house and take them off as soon as I get home. I used to be more diligent with cleaning them daily (baby toothbrush, warm water, Dawn and a spritz of Sparkle) but have gotten pretty lax about it lately. I do give them a deep cleaning (overnight) in the solution (after a good scrub) every couple months. I never take them off in public. I don't apply hand lotion often (and when I do it's at home), so no issues there. And I'm very cautious about the powerful air dryers in public restrooms and cover them to avoid losing any small stones.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear my ring every day & clean it every day. Looking at my ring brings me such joy & happiness, so for me wearing it daily is something I miss if I don't have it on. I do remove it for sleeping, dishes, gardening etc, but other than that it is on.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
think I'm in the minority here--I wear my ring 24/7 constantly (including washing my hands, showering, etc :oops: )

I have a cheap-y ultrasonic from amazon that works well to clean my ring, but am currently out of the cleaning solution. So lately I've been cleaning with a small toothbrush and warm water/soap. I'd say I clean it once a week or as needed.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear mine when I'm leaving the house because my hands are in all kinds of cr@p around the house. I clean it pretty much
every time I leave the house (quick scrub) and it gets a good scrubbing about once a week.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I take my rings off for housework, gym and sleeping otherwise I wear them all the time. Biba you mention that your ring doesn't look as sparkly as when you received it from Whiteflash. It might be an idea to use a soft toothbruch to get in between the prongs and give the pavilion a good clean.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weddings, one funeral, shopping once in a blue moon, family functions.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I wear my wedding set, plus anniversary ring stacked, pretty much 24/7. However, my rings get a bath when I jump in the shower. So, when I get washed, my rings get washed too. They are soaked in commercial jewelry cleaner and scrubbed with mini brush.

I even wear them in the gym, I do worry that I'll take out somebody's eye one day because I do group classes...but so far so good. Whew!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whenever I leave the house. Take them off as soon as I get in. Usually squirt a bit of dishwashing soap on the rings as I'm washing my coffee mug at work and a quick soak/scrub with jewelry solution once a week.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine daily, but only out, never at home.

I take mine off, always, when I wash my hands and put lotion on. But I'm super careful and always keep an eye on my ring(s) when I take it/ them off; and always check my hands and look back at the sink before I walk off.

As far as cleaning, I used to use a ultrasonic. Now, I just use washing up liquid + boiling water. And I do this every 2-3 days.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine when I go out---sometimes. If I plan ahead because I am doing something special, them I put them on. But most of the time if I am running around doing errands I don't bother. In all honestly I LOVE my rings and they way they look but I do not like the feel of them on my fingers. I like bare smooth fingers.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the time except when working out, running, doing dishes and moving furniture. Wash with warm water and dishwashing liquid and small brush daily.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only on the weekend. My job requires naked fingers during the week.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't wear my .51ct H&A MRB for two days because I was wearing my 1.2ct OMC and OMG, when I put the .51 back on it was tiny! :o

So I've decided to wear my ering every day because I don't want that happening again, lol. :lol:

I generally wear some sort of ring every day, if not a solitaire (I have three, *thinks* uh, four 8) ), then a couple of diamond bands on my left hand and my OMC or the yellow gold three stone I inherited from my stepmom on my right.

Like so many others have mentioned, I feel naked when I'm not wearing my rings.

I used to clean my rings in the ultrasonic every day. Now I have a kid so I clean them about once a week or so. Bad PS-er, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results