shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you wear your ring?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I wear my ering all the time and only take it off when showering and getting ready in the morning. I don't want lotion or hair products on my diamond. I do clean it every morning while getting ready and slip it on when I am done.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear my ER and bands when I leave the house. I don't like wearing any jewelry when I am home as I prefer being unencumbered. I change my clothes too when I get home. I sure don't do any chores with my rings on and I also remove them when I wash my hands. Not in a public restroom however but during the workday I do as I have a sink in my office and the bathrooms are private so no problem there. I clean my ring only about once every 2 weeks. I am a bad PSer that way I know. :oops: But because I remove it before I do any chores and don't wear it in the house it seems to stay clean longer and it stays bright and clean until the next cleaning. I clean my ER with dishwashing liquid a soft toothbrush and water. And sometimes I use the sparkle stick that was recommended by a PSer. It really gets the ring clean and it's so easy to use.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear wedding ring, full eternity & solitaire 24/7. I remove them for showering in the morning & drop them into cleaning solution, and ultrasonic once a week. I also remove them for hand lotion or very gunky baking, but other than that, never. They are a part of my story & a part of my body. My finger feels cold without them & my plain wedding ring slips up & down in the groove, which is intensely annoying!

Biba

Rough_Rock
Well, I must say PSers are a lot more careful with their jewels than the people I know in real life! Now I'm thinking to stop wearing my ring in the shower since it might have a build of shampoo/ conditioner residue!

Biba

Rough_Rock
iluvshinythings|1468358694|4054884 said:
I always wear my ring when I leave the house but don't wear it at home (unless we're entertaining) because I'm constantly applying hand cream or washing/cleaning/cooking something. For quick daily cleaning, I soak it in alcohol and wipe with a sparklesparkle cloth. On weekends I do a major cleaning with jewelry cleaner and a toothbrush.

I thought I was weird because I always remove my rings when I wash my hands, but the water here leaves a film on everything and my rings are loose when my hands are wet. If I'm in a public place, I put my ring in my mouth while I wash. I know I won't lose or forget it there.

This made me chuckle :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my rings all the time! I check my prongs and stone periodically and clean my rings 1-2x a week with warm water and a soft toothbrush. If I'm going out for any type of social occasion, I clean them in my ultrasonic. I don't have any pave or sidestones on my e-ring or bands, though. If I did, I would probably be a lot more careful and not wear them all the time so as to not risk losing any melee.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm ridiculously OCD about my diamonds! :bigsmile: I don't sleep, shower, garden, clean house, or wash dishes or my hands with my diamonds on. (unless I'm in a public restroom, I won't dare take them off!) I clean them before I put them on with very hot distilled water and dish soap. I use a soft brush to clean the pavilion well. Occasionally I use my steamer and that really makes them sparkle. My diamonds give me such pleasure so I wear them around the house as long as I'm not being rough on my hands.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Biba|1468426592|4055126 said:
Well, I must say PSers are a lot more careful with their jewels than the people I know in real life! Now I'm thinking to stop wearing my ring in the shower since it might have a build of shampoo/ conditioner residue!
Yes. And I am the tippiest tip of that iceberg.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my rings every day. Once dressed for the day, unless it's a day of cleaning or other hard-on-my-hands work, my rings go on. Sometimes it's just one of them, but there is always something on my hand, because I like seeing them and having them on.
My mom was the same. I wonder if that has any influence over an individual's ring wearing habits.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1468358694|4054884 said:
I thought I was weird because I always remove my rings when I wash my hands, but the water here leaves a film on everything and my rings are loose when my hands are wet. If I'm in a public place, I put my ring in my mouth while I wash. I know I won't lose or forget it there.
:errrr: ..What if you accidently swallow it then you'll have to wait till it comes out of the other end?... :lol:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I'm working on wearing my real set more. I work in a physically demanding job so I've been wearing a Cartier Trinity ring on my wedding finger for work (it's probably the most abused Trinity out there!) because I don't want want to damage my real one, but my set is quite nice and DH spent a lot (to us) on it so I'm trying to wear it more on days I know I won't beat it up.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear them to work (if I'm not going to a manufacturing environment).

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I used to wear it daily, but after getting my halo setting, I don't any more. I clean it pretty much every time I put it on because dirty jewelry is a pet peeve of mine.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I'd say I wore my set maybe one day per week or one day per two weeks. I'm usually ringless, but more often wear a simple band. Part of it is that I'm just more comfortable with nothing on my hands, but part of if is that with 2 small kids, my rings are just in the way. I feel like I'm always applying sunblock, bug spray, lotions, etc. and I don't want to take off my rings every time I need to use my hands. I'm having my e-ring reset right now and am going to try to wear it more often.

When my rings aren't being worn, they are in a cleaning solution. I wonder if that's bad for them...sitting in solution for days on end? I take them out and brush with baby tooth brush before wearing.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like missy, I only (and always) wear my rings when I leave the house. I don't wear any jewelry when I'm at home, except for earrings that I wear 24/7. I clean my ER every week or so, just with warm/hot water, Dawn and a soft toothbrush.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my ring whenever I leave the house except for one gym I go to that I do a lot of weights. Around the house it varies. I typically don't put it on until I'm planning to leave the house. I wear gloves to do dishes/scour pans so that I can leave it on. If it comes off, it goes in a dish next to the living room couch or a dish on my bedside table

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results