shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you replace your jewellery box

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How often do you replace your jewellery box? I have had mine for about 8 or so years now and looking to replace it. It is leather look material so was not expensive at the time. I suppose it depends on what the box is made of and how expensive, e.g. wooden ones could last a lifetime but does the interior need replaced then, due to light colours and wear?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I have had mine for years ( maybe 15 ) and it is ok no need to replace it..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe never? i have had mine for like 3-4 years now i think. it's totally not a big thing to me so i doubt i will change it anytime soon. i would probably keep it til it actually fell apart! my mom has had hers, wooden standing armoire kinda thing for like 10+ years now i think.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is 16 years old and now has velvet AND dust lining the bottom. Yuck. So DH up and got me a new one for my birthday last year. I now have two...sadly, both are still quite empty!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I went out and bought an armoire and I love it...if you are going to get one...why not go BIG!!??
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 3 wooden ones.

The first my mom gave me as a very young girl, probably 12 or 13, which means I''ve had it for, a lonnng time.
9.gif
It''s still in perfect condition, even the velvet lining.

Then hubby bought me a small armoire that I have some stuff in I don''t use much, but more than the one my mom gave me.

Then about 4 years ago I saw one on QVC, low, large square with removable inserts, all lined with a tarnish resistant lining. I bought it to help keep all my silver jewelry cleaner. The air here will tarnish it in the blink of an eye. I love it, and keep all the stuff I wear on a regular basis in it.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I''m peeved at my current one because the lining got so dusty in such a short period of time. I''m seriously considering using my safety deposit box as my jewelry box and keep the things I wear in their individual boxes in a drawer.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 2:57:19 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I just got my first ''real'' jewelry box this Christmas.. I was so excited! lol
9.gif
Well woohoo!!
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
When we redid our closet a couple of years back we put in a jewelry drawer with the closet storage system and I really like it. I keep old stuff that I don''t wear anymore in the safe.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those armoire type are beautiful, my sister has full length mirror type jewellery box which is great. I do not have room for either of these though so it will be a standard jewellery box.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I have one from potterybarn that is almost like this one. I got it for christmas. It''s quite solid and I can get lots of stuff into it and still have room for more.
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p7884/index.cfm?pkey=cacchmajbx

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have 3. I''ve had them forever, at least 15 years. One is a giant one for Costume jewelry. It sits on my dresser because it''s the most frequently use. I have another one made from black enamel, about the size of a tissue box for heirlooms or other nice jewelry that mom and dad have bought me. The last one is my "diamonds" only box. It''s the smallest, and easiest to hide. I don''t have a safety deposit box, so when I need to "hide" it (when cleaning crew or repair crew visit ) it''s easily tucked away.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had a couple and now just bought a big one. I got it at Costco and it is still sitting in the box. I just need to find time to put it to use
31.gif
31.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
DH got one for me last May for my b-day. I just HAD to have one with a ring roll. The one before that was from my parents when I turned 14...With a little emerald ring inside.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
My husband bought me a jewelry box when we were first married, ten years ago. It is a work of art. It was made by an artist who works with fine woods. It is curved and smooth and beautiful to look at . Very plain, because the design and texture "are" the piece. I won''t be replacing it.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I have a cute wooden one that''s smallish and ovalish that I love love love. I don''t think I''d replace it, but I could use something else to hang my necklaces from b/c they get tangled...

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I just bought a large standing black armoire at Target. It''s not the best quality but I do LOVE it (for the price). I used to keep all my jewelry (mostly costume) in 2 small jewelry boxes and in about 20 SEPERATE gift boxes from Macy''s..... it''s so much easier to find stuff now!!!

liaspar

Rough_Rock
I just bought this McKenna jewelry box from Pottery Barn in chocolate on eBay (photo below):

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p7954/index.cfm?pkey=cacchmajbx

In fact, it''s my first actual jewelry box since I was a little girl and had the music box kind with a little ballerina inside! Up until now I''ve just used the little bags that Barney''s puts your jewelry in, as I travel often and would have been constantly moving things from my vanity to my suitcase anyhow. But my collection is growing slowly but surely, so I figure it was time to finally buy everything a semi-permanent home.

In my search for different jewelry boxes, I had a bit of difficulty finding what I wanted. There seem to be many cheap choices, and then a few high-end ones, and Pottery Barn has ones somewhere in the middle. I found a few different makers that I loved, but decided to stick with the more "reasonable" choice for the moment. Once I have some pieces more worthy of a luxurious home, I''ll get one of these:

Elie Bleu - French "tabletier" (box maker), makes gorgeous wooden humidors and jewelry boxes with detailed inlays

Aspinal of London - English leather goods maker, several styles in both funky and traditional colors

Smythson of Bond Street - Again, an English leather goods maker. More sober color choices, but quality is more likely higher than Aspinal (based on pricing)

I said more reasonable because each of these three brands make products that are from the high hundreds to the several thousands of dollars....! Paying a lot less for a Pottery Barn one, and then even less on eBay, I felt pretty smart :)

j_potterybarn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results