shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you eat caviar?

On average, how often do you eat caviar?

• 1 Never

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • 2 Once a decade

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • 3 Once a year

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 4 Twice a year

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 5 Three times a year

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • 6 Every other month

• 7 Monthly

• 8 Twice a month

• 9 Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably every other month, but I'm including tobiko. I have to admit I love the texture and flavor. I've only had larger types of caviar as a part of some sorts of appetizers or fancy pasta salads and such... I've never just eaten a spoonful of caviar.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I think about caviar, forget it, I can't eat it. The same goes for a lot of different foods, eggs, sushi, cheese really ooks me out, so does yogurt, if I look at a chicken leg too closely, I'm done....

Basically, any animal based food needs to be eaten quickly before my (very real) semi OCD gets to it.

Veggies are fine, except for mushrooms...they are fungus AND they are grown in manure. I have to eat them quickly too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't do fishy stuff. Blech.

MsB

Rough_Rock
As often as possible. Usually a couple times a year on true caviar, more often if you include roe, tobiko, etc. I never met a fish egg I did not like!

Always on my birthday (which is coming up here soon). Lately we have had osetra, usually on roasted fingerling potato halves with lemon curd cream.

I once got a job offer because the interviewers were impressed that I had the confidence to eat it when offered at lunch in the corporate dining room (back in the days when banks had fancy private dining rooms and staff to present caviar and crack your chilled crab, which I also ate at that lunch). They claimed that noone else ever had eaten it during an interview. By lunchtime, I thought that I had no chance at the job, so I figured that I might as well get a good lunch out of it. It turns out that was the right choice after all!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, someone has caviar twice a month! :o
Must be DF. ;-)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
image_4104.jpg

This always makes me laugh when I watch the movie Big. :lol:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I'd never had it, but now I realize that I have, I think. I've had what looks like small dark-green/dark-gray tiny peas as a garnish atop a smoked salmon canape. I'm sure that is caviar. I've had quite a few of those canapes at various events, and as far as I remember, the caviar topping just tastes salty and goes very well with smoked salmon and a glass of champagne. But it isn't something I thought was really "Wow!" or special, and I've never been tempted to try caviar proper in any way. It's just a salty foodstuff, and something that is talked up for no good reason, IMHO, like a lot of luxury goods with crazy prices. But then, I'm a very simple eater.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1449182943|3957106 said:
Speaking of being 'plied' I might try caviar if I was naked in a bubble bath with Alexis Colby plying me Dom Pérignon champagne.
I mean, then and there, how could you say, "No thanks."?
Maybe she'd let me try on her big rock!

Slight thread jack, but do you remember her full name with all the marriages, divorces and remarriages? Wasn't it something like:Alexis Carrington Colby Dexter Colby Carrington Dexter? :doh:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1449404198|3958192 said:
kenny|1449182943|3957106 said:
Speaking of being 'plied' I might try caviar if I was naked in a bubble bath with Alexis Colby plying me Dom Pérignon champagne.
I mean, then and there, how could you say, "No thanks."?
Maybe she'd let me try on her big rock!

Slight thread jack, but do you remember her full name with all the marriages, divorces and remarriages? Wasn't it something like:Alexis Carrington Colby Dexter Colby Carrington Dexter? :doh:
For that big rock I'd let her add MY last name to her list. :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results