shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you buy a lottery ticket?

On average, how often do you buy a lottery ticket?

• More than one a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One a week

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • One a month

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 3 a year

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 2 a year

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 1 a year

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 1 in 5 years

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 1 in 10 years

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Never

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
???

I realize many buy only when the jackpot exceeds X, but still you must have an idea how often that is.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy a quick pick for 10 times but then forget to check my numbers and it expired 2 months ago before I check it or buy another one.

I did pick up 5 quick picks today though. Should I shop for diamonds today or actually wait until I know I won? :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spend about $40 per month. One time I bought $350 and hit zippo.. :oops:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not buy lottery tickets. I feel it is a waste of money, since the odds are so bad.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1452379782|3973387 said:
I buy a quick pick for 10 times but then forget to check my numbers and it expired 2 months ago before I check it or buy another one.

I did pick up 5 quick picks today though. Should I shop for diamonds today or actually wait until I know I won? :lol:

LOL Marcy...don't stand on ceremony....buy! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, I can't remember the last time I actually bought one! I wouldn't know what to do. You can only buy them in gas stations and grocery stores, right? I always pay at the pump so I guess I just haven't been tempted. Sometimes my husband brings me a scratch-off (I hate them; all that stuff you scratch off bugs me!) and sometimes he plays the lotto (white piece of paper with a bunch of numbers on it) but in my opinion it's kind of a waste of money. Like, I'd rather buy a nail polish or something frivolous at Target instead. :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1452380663|3973401 said:
I do not buy lottery tickets. I feel it is a waste of money, since the odds are so bad.

It's only a waste for the losers. ;-)

It could even be argued the entertainment value of the 'chance' of winning millions is worth a buck.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1452381042|3973408 said:
Sometimes my husband brings me a scratch-off (I hate them; all that stuff you scratch off bugs me!)

You're supposed to lick it and swallow it.
It's nutritious.
Lots of iron and calcium, don't worry about that arsenic, lead, mercury, and cadmium.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1452381057|3973409 said:

It's only a waste for the losers. ;-)

It could even be argued the entertainment value of the 'chance' of winning millions is worth a buck.

You may be right! (oh, wait----- Kenny's always right!)

The lottery people play on the hopes and dreams of low income people.
I used to work in a grocery store in a low income neighborhood. When the lottery was high, the line would be out the door.
Then I worked in a grocery store in an affluent neighborhood. I rarely say anyone buy lottery lickets.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

I almost never buy them for that reason, BUT when it gets to be this much money, I can't even imagine the tears that would stream down my face if "my numbers" won and I didn't spend the $2 on the ticket.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1452382323|3973422 said:
oh, wait----- Kenny's always right!

NEVER! :knockout:

DF is on the right.
I'm on the left.

:lol:

Paz

Rough_Rock
I voted one every five years.

I bought two tickets this weekend, one powerball (jackpot is almost a billion :-o) and one FL lotto, as a figured I'd have a better chance at winning the $29 mil. :lol:

I don't think I'd ever win, but when powerball gets crazy high every so often, and the stars align just so... I usually end up winning $5. Woooooot! :cheeky:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't remember the last time I purchased lottery tickets but I purchased a few today. I couldn't resist with the powerball being close to 1 billion.

Marcy, Don't worry. If I win, I'll buy you a diamond!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's only a waste for the losers.

But, but, but...if The House always wins, then we always lose.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1452385850|3973451 said:
It's only a waste for the losers.

But, but, but...if The House always wins, then we always lose.
Yup, The $800 mil is coming into my house... :lol:

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I don't usually buy, but I got a ticket for last night (just one). I bought into the hype:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't usually buy one but yesterday my parents were visiting and we were walking around my neighborhood and we bought a power ball ticket for us and one for my parents. I don't think anyone won this round and now I hear it is up to a billion... :shock:
If we win I am using most of my proceeds and opening up an animal refuge right here in the NY/NJ area. And we will take in all animals who need a loving and safe home. We will refuse no animal unlike North Shore and other rescue groups. That kind of money can make dreams like this one come true. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently, I play twice a week via joining online syndicates for UK and Europe.

I used to play more often via online sydicates for other countries, and shall rejoin them soon.

Whenever there is a big jackpot, I would purchase an extra line or more.

DK :))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, Can I change my vote? I lied when I said once every 5 years. I'm going to buy another $20 worth of tickets for the next drawing.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought 3 powerball tickets. I was going to buy 5 (I had $6 on me) but they are $2 a ticket! Were they always $2? I went years without playing. Now I pass by a gas station on my way home work. So every once in a while every month or so if I have money in my pocket and it's a friday, I'll buy a couple tickets (mega millions). The odds are so bad I'm not really sure why I do it. I don't buy coffees or go out to eat much, so a pretty small vice in the scheme of things.

After I bought the tickets I thought, if I actually won 800 million it would be a mixed blessing. I would probably have to move from the house I live in, my friends would be awkward around me, and people would be coming out of the woodwork asking for money, and I would worry about security, namely my family. I couldn't live my normal life. I think my optimal happiness would be winning a million or 2 mill, because I could improve my life but keep it pretty much the same.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good thing I resisted Sharon's advice to start buying diamonds last night. :lol: But now I do need to go out and buy some more lottery tickets.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1452446552|3973732 said:
Kenny, Can I change my vote? I lied when I said once every 5 years. I'm going to buy another $20 worth of tickets for the next drawing.

No you can't. :nono:

You must now pull your pants down and spank your behind till it's hot and red. :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally I always feel lottery tickets are just money down the drain. I just can't resist when the jackpots are this high. Thank goodness the really large jackpots they are few and far between.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just re-started the syndicate game via Win Trillions, which includes Powerball in the US.

DK :))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, Do you ever buy lottery tickets? I tend to agree with you about the entertainment factor. It has been fun to dream of everything I would do with the money the past few days. It would also be wonderful to be able to donate large amounts of money to great causes.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Once in a while, because someone I knew in high school won over 20 million dollars in the lottery several years ago. Was she lucky? Not really...she died six years after winning, under age 60. Her heirs? Two nice people in her family.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1452465136|3973842 said:
Kenny, Do you ever buy lottery tickets? I tend to agree with you about the entertainment factor. It has been fun to dream of everything I would do with the money the past few days. It would also be wonderful to be able to donate large amounts of money to great causes.

I used to occasionally buy one but haven't for a few years.

Maybe I will this week.

5 carat IF Fancy Intense Blue Octavia here I come. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results