shape
carat
color
clarity

How not to respond to questions about engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

southhorizon

Rough_Rock

Funny story. I''m fairly new in my job so most of my colleagues don''t know much about my private life (which is how I like it). Anyway, I had a website for a very nice restaurant open on my computer screen at work because we were going for dinner that night and I wanted to check the address. A colleague of mine walked in and we had the following conversation

Him: Nice restaurant. What are you looking at that for?
Me: We are having dinner there tonight.
Him: Is it your birthday?
Me: No
Him: Is your hubby taking you?
Me: I''m not married but I live with my SO
Him: Are you getting married soon?
Me: Silently dumbstruck
6.gif

Him: You''re blushing (big grin and then he walks out)
Doh. It is even worse because we have an annual work dinner tomorrow with SOs so they will all get to meet him for the first time. I''m sure my colleague won''t give it a second thought but I''d better not get busted looking at pricescope in the meantime
1.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! awkward!

i hope the dinner goes well tomorrow night too!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
hahaha awww!!
well ya never know right
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I get so tired of the "When ya gettin married??!!" questions at work. It is incredibly annoying. People who talk with me weekly always have to ask me questions like this at least bi-weekly.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I hate getting those questions... ''when are you two getting engaged already?''. I generally respond ''soon, if he knows whats good for him.'', LOL
9.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like he was just teasing. I wouldn''t worry about it.

I wonder if the "is your hubby taking you" comment was possibly fishing to find out if you were available?
31.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 2:24:32 PM
Author: Erinleigh
I hate getting those questions... ''when are you two getting engaged already?''. I generally respond ''soon, if he knows whats good for him.'', LOL
9.gif
*Steals great line and files it for future use*
9.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same automatic blush response.
14.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Boo for rude colleagues!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results