shape
carat
color
clarity

How not to buy a wedding dress :P....the cheap way of being a 2 dress bride

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
So for some reason my usually sane and logical mind left me last saturday when I tried on wedding dresses and I got wrapped up in the momment and low and behold put a deposit on a dress, maybe this is bridal brain? So the story is long and involved but for various reasons (high pressure sales, unrealistic demands from the designer and the good sense of self returning) I have decided to cut my losses and start again

- The good thing the deposit was minimal and I don't care if I lose it, better now then later when I pay for the dress and realise I don't like it.

Important things I have learned
* don't trust the mirrors
* photo's are IMPORTANT - seeing peetures made me realise the dress didn't look at good as I thought, not as much waist definition as in other dresses and made my chest look GIANORMOUS
* If your not a stock standard size, made to measure is likely the way to go - apprently I am three different sizes depending on what part of my body your looking at.
* don't let others sway you

Anyway not to disapoint the dress that will never be :razz:

bustpicanddetail.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
full length front view

fulllengthdeebutmissingahead.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
and the final pic of the dress

andaviewoftheback.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Open to suggestions for new dress possibilities :)

I am in love with this dress - if any aussie brides know of a dress that is similar to this and available in OZ please share
kneuges093512l.jpg

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I do see why you want another dress... the first one is pretty but doesn''t look like it fits you well.

The second dress you posted is STUNNING!!! I''ve never seen it before and it''s absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I am in AWE of the second dress you posted!!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 8:03:23 AM
Author: cindygenit
I am in AWE of the second dress you posted!!!
Ditto!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
That second dress is just beautiful!

Any chance you could tell us a little more about it?

I also wanted to say that you made some really good points about what you have learned, i never thought about the mirror being a different picture to a photo... but no one would let me take photos of any of the dresses i tried on here, so i hope the mirror wasn''t lying too much!
1.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dress did absolutely no justice to your figure. SO glad you didn''t go with it! LOVE the second one, sorry not of help on where you can find it though. *fingers crossed* for you!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what is that second dress? I think it''s gorgeous!

I think that first dress is pretty, but I do agree with other posters, that I''m sure other dresses would flatter you much better. I think it''s all that fabric pulled together in the front that draws your eyes there and doesn''t flatter. I also think it''s strange how the fabric being pulled up like that pulls the hem off the floor in the front - almost looks like they didn''t realize that or something.

Anyhow, I hear you about being pulled in the moment. I felt the same way, and pictures make a HUUUUUUUUGE difference. I was so glad I''d brought my camera to have Mom taking pictures, because the mirror did NOT tell me what I needed to know.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Deelight you are wise as always. Pictures really do tell a different tale to the mirror. For me, as well as the indisputable evidence of how it will look in photos, I keep coming back to the expression on my face in the pictures. There is one photo I have where I am grinning my little head off. In the others you can tell I''m still mulling it over. Says a lot I think.

For you, I think you are right that you can do better than dress 1. You have a gorgeous figure and it''s not being shown off to its full advantage!

Now, please tell us, where is dress 2 from?!! It''s gorgeous!
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
omg, Dress numba two is AMAZIng!!!

Who makes it? Please tell me it is $10 so that I can afford to get it!
3.gif

Seriously though, that second dress is drool worthy! I''d even love it strapless!
30.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Dress #2 is STUNNING! I love the detail at the bottom and am so loving the neckline. Question though... And maybe I''m just seeing things... Doesn''t it have a similar shape to the first dress? Maybe I need to see more pictures of the second dress to get an idea of what it totally looks like.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2009 7:43:02 AM
Author: Deelight
Open to suggestions for new dress possibilities :)

I am in love with this dress - if any aussie brides know of a dress that is similar to this and available in OZ please share
kneuges093512l.jpg
STUNNING!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh i agree with everyone here, dress two is absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for taking the time to respond ladies :)

Lilac the dress I tried on was a sample that is meant to be my size if I decided to have a corset back which I don''t want the designer who was there that day laced me into it but she didn''t do every single loop, who knows why

cindygenit, Dannielle, D&T and ficklefaye
The second dress I have to agree (obviously) is stunning it is by Eugenia Couture it is style 3512 I can find it on the knot but not on the designers website
http://www.eugeniacouture.com/Collectionspage.html seriously stunning dresses though - alas they don''t stock in Australia, much like any dress I like
39.gif
- the other is the natalie by POB again no aussie designers so I am going armed with a photo to see what I can locate.

hawaiianorangetree I am sure you will be fine, I hate that they don''t let you take pics seriously it is not hard to find a picture on the web
20.gif
, it also possibly depends on shop to shop as well tottally unrelated but if you ever go into target those mirrors make you look massive - unfortunetly they are one of the few places that sells long length pants LOL

rhbgirl24, kama_s :) I am slightly pear but not yeah you could say I have a mostly hourglass, not sure how much justice can be done to my figure I just know looking from those photo''s that the dress did nothing - it made me look thick in the mid-section which I am not - but I am on a mission
36.gif

luvthemstrawberries I agree I think the dress adds bulk - and funny you should mention the hem something else I didn''t notice till I uploaded the pics, not good it would have bugged me to no end.

Delster thanks sweetie :), I wouldn''t say my figure is gorgeous - it could use some work
3.gif
I love the dresses you posted you looked amazing :) I can''t wait to see your piccies :).

trillionaire according to the knot the second dress is $$$$$ Very Expensive ($5001 and up) US dollars which translates into $5,939.02 AUD minimum for me (YAY for the rising aussie dollar) however with airfares to the US and customs even with the intial cost the dress is out of budget. Funnily enough you say you love it strapless I tried on a dress somewhat similar in style (different materials and strapless) and it looked STUNNING as well, didn''t make me go pitty patty but makes me think this dress might be a weeeener if I can find something similar, the price was only 1kish AUD as well.

Diva0413 From what I can tell the second dress is more streamlined and structered around the waist it looks like an empire but it really isn''t, I don''t have an aversion to A-line dresses just the bad mistake in pic one - while number 1 is pretty it isn''t not on me
also the straps are thicker and more joined (which from what I have tried on makes a difference to the way the dress looks on me)

katamari

Ideal_Rock
What an excellent post, Dee! Sorry you had to go through it to have this kind of insight, but I think it is great you were willing to pass it onto others. I hope the karma will land the perfect dress in your direction.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Duuuudddee, you DO have a gorgeous figure! That dress would not have looked pretty on anyone but a stick thin model sans curves. Keep trying more dresses, and let the SA''s bring you out dresses they think would look good on you. My SA brought out a dress that I was like ''oh my goodness no friggin'' way''. Ended up being the dress I bought.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not digging that first dress too much...but that second dress is a knockout! It will give you a well
defined waist and great boobage!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
katamari Thanks Katamari :) I am not overly worried - the deposit I put down was $50 so miniscule really for a lesson well learnt, better then the almost 3k that dress would have cost me had I gone through with it :) next dress I buy will be with eyes wide open and mind fully operational :D. The more I look at that dress the more I think WTH was I thinking

Awwwww thanks kama_s your so sweet to say that
4.gif
. Funnily enough the dress was actually the one the designer of the dress put on me - go figure that one she happend to be in store that day as did that dress. Most of the SA''s I have spoken to have been really reluctant to put me in anything - I have tried to keep trying to get them to pick stuff but they seem hesitant to do so, so this sat I made an appointment and I am armed with pics :) I am curious to see how it goes.

tyty333 :) thanks hun I hope so I really am in love with that dress - all the others I try on seem to pale in comparision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results