shape
carat
color
clarity

How much to spend on proposal?

How Much did YOU spend on your proposal?

• 0 - $200

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • $200 - $500

• $1100 - $2000

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
After going through the "How much to spend for a diamond."...How much does one spend for the proposal? Just curious. This includes any dinners, trips, car rentals, grooming...and anything else you had planned.

-Oops I hit the wrong button and I cant edit the poll to put 2000+

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Much more than 2000.
9.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Not including the ring my finace didn''t spend anything on the proposal....well unless you include gas money. We drove around one night, walked up to the lake and he proposed there.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
2 extremes right off the bat! guess ive seen some pretty simple and elaborate propsals on PS. They have a show on TLC (The Learning Channel - Canada) called a Perfect Proposal. Interesting to see people go all out...

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
The proposal isnt important, its the RING!!!!

LOL. Seriously, I think that its not how much money you spend, but how you make it meaningful for the two of you. I knew a couple once who liked cracker jacks boxes...and it was their ''thing'' to always look in the box and get the prize out. So what he did was cut the box open on the bottom, put the ring in, and very carefully glued it back together so she couldnt see that itd be tampered with. And then he had to wait until she grabbed that box. But because it was their thing to always open the boxes together, and look for the prize, she was really shocked when she found a REAL diamond ring in there! And the propsal meant more.

Just my $.02

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2005 3:53:45 AM
Author: MissCongeniality
The proposal isnt important, its the RING!!!!

LOL. Seriously, I think that its not how much money you spend, but how you make it meaningful for the two of you. I knew a couple once who liked cracker jacks boxes...and it was their ''thing'' to always look in the box and get the prize out. So what he did was cut the box open on the bottom, put the ring in, and very carefully glued it back together so she couldnt see that itd be tampered with. And then he had to wait until she grabbed that box. But because it was their thing to always open the boxes together, and look for the prize, she was really shocked when she found a REAL diamond ring in there! And the propsal meant more.

Just my $.02

I agree. I rather have the $2,000 go towards a nicer ring than a nicer proposal. All my FI spent money on was plane tickets (which probably did equal a nice chunk of change) but the surprise was well worth it.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I agree- spend the $$$ on the ring- proposal isnt as important. Although, I have to say my proposal was beautiful- overlooking the beach in Puerto Rico- my FI spent over $2000 on the trip. I am very lucky, but I would have to say that the simple act of him proposing to me was much more meaningful...

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Let me add further to my post... and to some of the other post's here - it really depends on the gal.

I have written some of this before - but when my gal and I were talking about getting married and I was hinting/teasing/joking that I might be buying something really rare and sparkly - she looked at me very seriously and said - "I don't care what you get me, it is how you give it to me that matters."

I knew her well enough to know she meant it. Her first husband did a terrible job of presenting her the e-ring (you would not believe how he did it if I told you). Also she was not really into major bling (I am working on her), and we live in an area that is not into it either.

Not having an unlimited budget for all things, and knowing that I (we) would be looking at having to cover many costs from the rings to the wedding - and setting up a new home for the three of us - I had to balance things for her.

I arranged to take my gal, her daughter, and her mom (future mother in law) on a cruise. I proposed to my gal and her daughter on a mountaintop in St. Thomas. Of course the ring was as promised (rare and sparkly), and her daughter also got a platinum three heart pendant as well.

So I guess it depends on what matters to your gal. She would not have wanted me to spend several thousand more on the ring and given up that trip or proposal - and neither would I.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Like Caribou, not counting the ring, my husband spent zero on the proposal. He proposed while we were sitting in the car about to go out to dinner with his family for his grandmother''s birthday. He says it wasn''t really planned for that day, but he had the ring and it was burning a hole in his pocket.
2.gif

I don''t think you have to spend a lot on a proposal. Sometimes I wish he had made it more special (but not spent a ton of money!) but the important thing was that he wanted me to be his wife.
9.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Zero as well!

He had us take a walk in the snow up to my family''s closed-for-the-winter summer house (which is where we were already planning to get married) to look at the view! Perfect and romantic and sentimental! (& FREE!)
9.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero - and I wouldn''t have it any other way! We were sitting on the rocks looking out at the sea at the Portland Headlight Lighthouse in Portland, Maine (I was there on business - not a specially planned trip). No ring (he knows me better than that -
11.gif
2.gif
) - no flowers, no food, no candles, nothing - and it was perfect.
9.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Well, we got engaged during a vacation to England, but we planned that trip before we thought about engagement. So, I guess technically, the cost of the proposal was his air fare, food, and entertainment, but we didn''t go to England specifically to get engaged.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
he proposed sitting on the couch, and then we went shopping for a ring. happily married 10 years

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
We were sitting in our hire car, looking out over and beyond our land in San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico, which we had purchased just 6 months previously (sight unseen) via the Internet. We sat there in awe of the view, watching the ocean, imagining what it''s going to be like when the fairway is in and our villa built. My then fiance proposed and we toasted with a couple of bottles of Corona beer, so I guess the proposal cost was a couple of Corona beers! I know it hardly sounds romantic, but it really was, as we were looking out over the ocean from what will be our villa in a few years time.

OurLot-PLC.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results