carat
color
clarity

How much SHOULD this house cost?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1417655989|3794829 said:
I like trees and nature and hills. Unfortuntely DH hates trees, though I might be able to talk him into it in TX for shade, and hills are not available in Dallas area last few times I was there. It was a flat as an ironing board.

Uh, it really depends on your definition of hill, I guess. As a native Texan, I consider any variation in the height of the ground to be "a hill." All the neighborhoods I mentioned in my previous post are full of hills... but, uh, I'm not going to make that assertion my hill to die on.

WHY DOESn'T MR GYPSY LIKE TREES WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM

Reactions: AV_

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
distracts|1417662271|3794887 said:
Gypsy|1417655989|3794829 said:
I like trees and nature and hills. Unfortuntely DH hates trees, though I might be able to talk him into it in TX for shade, and hills are not available in Dallas area last few times I was there. It was a flat as an ironing board.

Uh, it really depends on your definition of hill, I guess. As a native Texan, my idea of what a hill is is probably very different from yours.

WHY DOESn'T MR GYPSY LIKE TREES WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM

Mr. Gypsy hates raking leaves. And doesn't like pines because the add too much acidity to the soil.

I try not to pay attention to him though when it comes to trees. So... no worries. I'll overcome tree objections.

As for hills. ANY hills would be great. Are any of the places you mentioned in your post (about the areas with trees) close to Richardson?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
With a lot that wide, that house will be over $2 Million in my area.

maxandana2

Rough_Rock
In a northern suburb of Pittsburgh, about 385K.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhm... this thread is over four years old... apparently revived by someone’s attempt at self-promotion.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think this is a fun thread and I’d love for @LaylaR to post another property! :read:

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Your wish is my command.

Here's a fun one. Condo 906 Sq. Ft, 2 bdrm, 1 bath

Built: 1972
Monthly HOA Fee: $534

What's it worth where you are?

CondoPA8.jpg CondoPA7.jpg CondoPA6.jpg CondoPA5.jpg CondoPA4.jpg CondoPA2.jpg CondoPA.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
340k with 250 in hoa. Orange County ca

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
$1 million for a condo in Silicon Valley’s Mountain View/Sunnyvale/Cupertino area. Going up the peninsula, it’s even more expensive. (Trailer homes are going for $400k *dead*)

Last edited:

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
$1 million for a condo in Silicon Valley’s Mountain View/Sunnyvale/Cupertino area. Going up the peninsula, it’s even more expensive. (Trailer homes are going for $400k *dead*)

Whispers: It's in Palo Alto. I'll still keep the listing for now though. Let's see if anyone else wants to play.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Arround 1.2 to 1.5 million in Singapore. Plus an additional 15% sales tax if you are a foreigner.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
On the way low end of the scale here, $120K in first ring suburb around Buffalo, NY.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
680-730 k. Suburb of Paris, France

In the very centre: 2.5-3 x that (the building would be a lot nicer, though....not many 70ies buildings around)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I dont know of any condos like that here, but you can rent an apartment like it for 700 a month. N IL away from Chicago.

paperunicorn

Shiny_Rock
Minneapolis, I'd say around $120-150k if you want to be in the city proper. Less in some of the suburbs.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 2/1 condo with similar sq ftg depending on neighborhood would be 100-150k here, give or take.

On the lake which is a 15 minute drive from “town” you could pay $75k for that, built around the same time.

ETA: south central Indiana, 4 hrs south of Chicago.

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
I was totally thinking, "That's a million dollar condo here but if I post that, people will think I'm nuts!"

Do you live in the Bay Area? There's a house that had a kitchen fire in San Carlos (there's no kitchen, needs major work), 2 beds, on a busy road, listed for only $1.6.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I was totally thinking, "That's a million dollar condo here but if I post that, people will think I'm nuts!"

Do you live in the Bay Area? There's a house that had a kitchen fire in San Carlos (there's no kitchen, needs major work), 2 beds, on a busy road, listed for only $1.6.

Only :lol-2: I’ve lived in the bay for most of my life. Ahhh the good old days when a house was only $300k...

How about you? =)2

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
Only :lol-2: I’ve lived in the bay for most of my life. Ahhh the good old days when a house was only $300k...

How about you? =)2
I was born and raised here! A little too young for the $300k houses (my grandmother paid $26k! :-o) but lucky I've been able to stay! So far....

@LaylaR You shared it! Are you local, too?

Sorry to hijack the thread!

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
@rubysweettart Hi! Yes, I am local.

And this is the listing: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/2468-W-Bayshore-Rd-94303/unit-8/home/595222

Sold for $820,000 a few months ago. Worth $915,000 now. Not a bad return on your investment in less than 6 months.

I remember the 300k houses in Palo Alto. I was in college (graduated highschool in 1993).

You were the one who so kindly took the time to answer my questions about jewelry making - thank you! We may need to meet up for coffee sometime! (We go the Kings Mountain Art Fair and my husband looks at the jewelry I swoon over and he's like, "I can make that." And I'm like, "I dare you to.")

I'm kind of shocked it sold under $900k a few months ago but the market went through a weird period, the stocks crashing probably didn't help.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You were the one who so kindly took the time to answer my questions about jewelry making - thank you! We may need to meet up for coffee sometime! (We go the Kings Mountain Art Fair and my husband looks at the jewelry I swoon over and he's like, "I can make that." And I'm like, "I dare you to.")

I'm kind of shocked it sold under $900k a few months ago but the market went through a weird period, the stocks crashing probably didn't help.

Ruby, I'd love to meet you for coffee! I am close to the east bay. Where are you? You can reach me through HPDiamonds.com. I was surprised at the price too. For Palo Alto it's cheap.

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
@LaylaR That would be awesome! My job is super flexible and kind of takes me all over so we could easily make something work. I live on the peninsula, near The Mountain House Restaurant (if you haven't been, it's super good!).

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@LaylaR That would be awesome! My job is super flexible and kind of takes me all over so we could easily make something work. I live on the peninsula, near The Mountain House Restaurant (if you haven't been, it's super good!).

Get in touch with me and we'll get together. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results