shape
carat
color
clarity

How much of tomorrow's debate will you watch?

How much of tomorrow's debate will you watch?

• 1 None of it

Votes: 8 24.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.0%

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • 10 All of it

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1476067732|4085196 said:
:roll: OMG. He is just not showing any intelligence.

It's hard to show something you don't have.

Still amazing to me that he says out-and-out despotic things and people still want to vote for him while not understanding (or caring???) that doing so is literally a vote for the ending of freedom and democracy in America.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was impressed that Hillary did not completely nail Trump to the wall over that video. I have never heard a moderator ask a presidential nominee if they understood that what they said on tape was in fact sexual assualt. Even then he just kept going "No no it's locker room talk." Hillary stayed mindful of the fact that many young people were watching, and that put her in a position to have to take the high road away from the mess he created. Because to even repeat it on air is to be vulgar!

Melania looked piiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, Round #1 went to HC. Round #2 went to Trump.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only if you are a Trump fanboy....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1476086009|4085224 said:
Only if you are a Trump fanboy....
I am not voting in Nov.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Round 1 : America lost
Round 2: America lost.

So far we are 0 and 2.

Outlook bleak.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
On a much lighter note:

Best Meme so far from the debate I've seen:

img_12914.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"The New York Times" on-line is full of wonderful articles, videos, and analyses of the debate. I wanted to share many of them here because they were so intelligent and witty. This was a basic "who won the debate?" article. It was called,

"Who Won the Debate? Donald Trump Avoids Annihilation"

Here are some comments from journalists of different political stripes who were asked for their opinions:

“He improved, exceeded expectations, decisively won several exchanges. She could have landed a death blow tonight and did not.”

Guy Benson, political editor at the conservative website Townhall

_______

“I may not care for Trump, but he beat Hillary tonight fair and square even with Martha Raddatz trying to defeat him.”

Erick Erickson, writer for the conservative blog The Resurgent

_______

“Donald Trump knows he won’t be president. He’s now in full carnival-barking, network-launching, party-nuking mode — a scowling, pouting menace who threatened during a nationally televised debate to throw Hillary Clinton in jail and called her husband the most sexually abusive man in political history.”

Ron Fournier, writer for The Atlantic

_______

“In keeping her cool and indicting Trump’s bad behavior and finally provoking him to threaten to put her in jail, she made certain no one not already in Trump’s corner would sign on with him.”

Jennifer Rubin, writer for The Washington Post’s Right Turn blog

_______

“All the Republicans who backed away from @realDonaldTrump look really really stupid right now.”

Laura Ingraham, conservative commentator and editor of LifeZette

________

“Trump looks and sounds defeated. Almost incoherent...”

Marc Lamont Hill, Morehouse College professor

________

“She had a chance to throw a knockout punch at Donald Trump and instead looked more at times like Glass Joe from Nintendo’s Punch-Out. I lost count how many times she said to go to her website or whine about the lack of “fact checking” as the debate went on. Trump had her on the ropes several times.”

Jay Caruso, blogger for the conservative website Red State

________

“Trump picked Putin over Pence, explicitly abandoned Aleppo, lied about Iraq again & again, & showed his appalling temperament.”

Ken Gude, senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, a liberal group

________

“With references to Lewinsky scandal, e-mails, Benghazi, attacking media, Trump likely shored up his base. Hard to see him leaving ticket.”

Perry Bacon Jr., political reporter for NBC News

________

“I’m a Muslim, and I would like to report a crazy man threatening a woman on a stage in Missouri.”

Moustafa Bayoumi, author of “This Muslim American Life” and professor at Brooklyn College, CUNY

________

“Republicans who took heart at his antic, boob-bait performance are grasping at a thin, crazy reed that the coming news cycles will snap.”

Rick Wilson, Republican strategist

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donalds face probably hurts today from all the scowling he did last night!

Saying that he disagrees with Pence and hasn't spoken to him was a very telling statement.
The fast that he kept whining about Hillary getting more time than him also shows me what a pampered, spoiled Richie Rich he is.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I suspect a Trump supporter would think Trump won or a Clinton supporter would think she won. People see and hear what they want to see and hear.
Last night, I saw a man with no real answers for anything and a condescending woman with lots of answers, but not necessarily the right ones.

Still a lose-lose situation for me :blackeye:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting on the body language.

I don't know how to judge who "won."

They each had weaknesses and strengths.

Hillary was a lot more specific in her answers - her knowledge showed through. Although I don't know enough to know whether her answers made sense or if they were accurate, etc.

Trump just doesn't seem to be fazed by anything anybody says about him. He just keeps plowing through. And I have to admit, I admire that, maybe because it's something I envy. I couldn't handle 1/4 of the things being thrown at me without getting flustered. Or at the very least it would show on my face. He just seems like, "yeah, whatever" and moves on.

Whether that's "Presidential" or not doesn't matter because it probably touches something in certain people. Reminds me of some of the things iLander had said, that some people want to be Trump. And maybe it touches others in the way that they want to be liked by Trump. Kind of like when you go to a comedy show and you're hoping the comedian doesn't hone in on you as the person to make fun of. :/ You want the comedian to like you.

I saw a clip of Trump meeting up with some woman for an interview or something and you could almost sense her nervousness around him, if I could read her mind I bet you she was thinking "do I look OK" "does he think I'm good looking?" "please let him find me good looking."

He doesn't seem to know what he's talking about to the depth that he would need to in order to make sound decisions - and sometimes he really sounds like he's making it up as he goes along - yet some of the things he says make sense in some very basic ways like when you don't know what you're talking about and you take the most simple common sense approach. I think he figures once he's in office and he's got all the advisers around him, he'll figure it out then.

So there are times when I find myself thinking "oh, that made sense." And then I cringe. But then I remember there's bound to be some things that sound OK. I guess I expected him to sound like a buffoon all the time but sometimes he doesn't.

(and I admit maybe he makes sense to me sometimes precisely because I'm not educated on the issues. Thank goodness I am aware and recognize this fact.)

Really liked the moderators - for the most part they were fair and treated both equally (although the woman started being more fair only after Trump called her out a few times.) and really kept them in line. The one thing I didn't like is that they at times seemed to add their own comments rather than just stick to asking the questions (the one that stands out to me is when Martha made a comment "yeah that's called psychological warfare".) Stick to just asking questions. Or make your comment part of a question, but don't debate with the candidates.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I thought it was pretty clear that the moderators favored Clinton, but, yes, once called out, things seemed to improve. I think that they did an okay job, but they lacked the necessary neutrality.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, they didn't seem to interrupt her as much (or at all, maybe, I can't recall).

At the same time for the most part Hillary doesn't need to be "kept in line" - at least not as much as Trump...and since she answers questions more directly maybe there isn't as much need to interrupt.

Overall, I was relieved he wasn't allowed to just bulldoze through...

But yes - both candidates should be kept to the time - there should be no favoritism.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
momhappy|1476102521|4085251 said:
^I thought it was pretty clear that the moderators favored Clinton, but, yes, once called out, things seemed to improve. I think that they did an okay job, but they lacked the necessary neutrality.

It seemed pretty clear to me that he interrupted Hillary far more than she interrupted him. Also, he continued to talk more after his time was up. Isn't that when the moderators are supposed to jump in?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree sstephensid...he did...

I don't know that Clinton interrupted him or called anything out at all when it wasn't her turn. For the most part, she sat down and let him have his time. I think only 1 time she said it was necessary to say something.

I don't know the exact # of times, but yes, he called out and interrupted a lot more than she did.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't referring to interruptions. I was referring to the lack of neutrality and the fact that they seemed to allow her to go over her allotted times more frequently.
It's nothing new and something many of us are used to recognizing.
I agree that Trump might need to be kept "in line" more frequently, but that's not what I was referring to. The overall tone seemed to favor Hillary, but again, that's typical.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moderators are probably more inclined to give time overage to the candidates who stay on topic. I found they both got cut off more when they started to stray or repeat themselves.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think ideally, it should be totally neutral.

If an answer is not clear, or evasive, both candidates should be questioned and called out.

But in this instance, I was just relieved to see couldn't bulldoze his way through.

I thought it was OK for him - and that he was entitled to - to point out when he was the one being kept to time more than she was.

I was just relieved he wasn't allowed to bulldoze through. It evened things out a little bit in my mind (and I recall people saying that Matt Lauer clearly favored Trump, but I didn't watch it so I can't say), even though ideally each and every debate should be neutral, regardless of what happened the one prior.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1476104597|4085271 said:
Moderators are probably more inclined to give time overage to the candidates who stay on topic. I found they both got cut off more when they started to stray or repeat themselves.

That's probably true too.

But still, ideally, to keep things impartial, both should be kept to time, regardless.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
CJ2008|1476104819|4085273 said:

If an answer is not clear, or evasive, both candidates should be questioned and called out.

But in this instance, I was just relieved to see couldn't bulldoze his way through.

I thought it was OK for him - and that he was entitled to - to point out when he was the one being kept to time more than she was.

I was just relieved he wasn't allowed to bulldoze through. It evened things out a little bit in my mind (and I recall people saying that Matt Lauer clearly favored Trump, but I didn't watch it so I can't say), even though ideally each and every debate should be neutral, regardless of what happened the one prior.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-did-hillary-clinton-go-25-seconds-over-her-time-video-20161009-premiumvideo.html

CJ and momhappy

Please watch this video of the instance he accused both the moderators and Hillary. She spoke for 2 minutes and 3 seconds. He accused her for talking for 25 seconds over.

Is his the instance you were speaking of?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sstephensid|1476105050|4085277 said:
CJ2008|1476104819|4085273 said:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-did-hillary-clinton-go-25-seconds-over-her-time-video-20161009-premiumvideo.html

CJ and momhappy

Please watch this video of the instance he accused both the moderators and Hillary. She spoke for 2 minutes and 3 seconds. He accused her for talking for 25 seconds over.

Is his the instance you were speaking of?

Ha. I actually started timing that one, after he complained about the 25 seconds and then started yacking again. He talked for over 1 more minute, maybe a minute 15 or so? I got distracted at about 1:05, but he was still spewing word salad at that point.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...I just watched the video...(well, not watched, listened...) she paused at 2:03, but then began talking again...so it's more than 2:03...

But I didn't time either of them. So he probably went over a lot too.

All I know is he interrupted her and called out a lot more than she did (as far as I can recall, she interrupted him only 1 time.)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching the debates was interesting. Trump is definitely better at going on the attack,forceful statements, and zingers. Often when Hillary started to talk I started to fade away, too much details without the rationale or motivations behind those statements. She's not that inspirational. But overall I was left with sense that Trump is the worst version of a Monday morning quarterback over the water cooler. You know, the assh*le who tells you exactly who this player should have thrown to, or when they should have thrown the ball who knows more than the coaches and the players out there. Those people are harmless because you can nod and agree, but know they are never going to be in the position of actually being in the game and to realize they have no clue what it's actually like to play at the pro level and be responsible for making split second decisions and execute them in real time. I was often left waiting for what his actual plan was, but it seemed to boil down to "I'll fix it" or Hillary messed it up in the first place. There were a couple terms I wanted to drink, to Bengazhi and "disaster" for Trump and "women and children" for Hillary.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was interesting and more combative than I thought it would be considering it was a town hall style. Trump was himself and needed to do what he did since the video stuff from the weekend debacle. She was the same old Hillary with nothing new to say. Every time I hear her talk about the things she wants to do I see the national debt flying up into outer space. I did think the moderators were not completely balanced and Martha Raddatz should not have injected herself into the debate with Trump.

IMO neither of them answered the first question about "Are you both modelling positive and appropriate behavior for today's youth." Both of them are unfit to lead this country. No voting for me this election.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1476120039|4085343 said:
No voting for me this election.

Maybe we should have a new poll here on how many people are not voting; how many people plan on writing in a candidate; and how many people plan to vote for third a party candidate rather than for Trump or Clinton!

Deb/AGBF ;))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my way to make one!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1476067996|4085198 said:
I watched a large amount of it, curiously enough it was played on a number of TV channels here in Australia, as I've said before this election is like a car crash the whole world is paused and watching, you know it isn't pretty and you don't really want to look, but you can't help but watch it anyway.

No doubt Trump supporters will say he won and Hillary's supporters will say she won.....

I could not agree more. I ended up using every bit of restraint I had and turning it off after watching an hour. I just can't stand to watch personal attacks, constant interruptions, and pacing and stalking by the two presidential candidates. What Trump did will be applauded by his supporters; what Hilary did will likely be lauded by hers. I found it cringe-worthy.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the moderator says you have 2 minutes it should be enforced.
A bell should sound when you have 15 seconds left.
Then the mic should CUT OFF at 2 minutes.
Period!

Moderator: "NO, you cannot finish your thought!"

They ramble on because know they can.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, they need a stage that is more appropriate.

screen_shot_2016-10-10_at_12.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results