shape
carat
color
clarity

How much of the debates do you expect to watch?

How much of the debates do you expect to watch?

• 1 None

Votes: 6 26.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 1 4.3%

• 10 100%

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump isn't a racist.

Sure he was sued and settled a lawsuit saying he denied housing to African Americans.

But he went on to build a tremendous club in Palm Beach. Tremendous. It's a very wealthy area. Just terrific. It's the best. Very proud of it. AND he didn't exclude blacks and Muslims from getting in. Very proud of that. It's tremendous.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm watching the debate. I seriously doubt Trump will do another one after tonight.

Loved your last post Elliott

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1474942129|4081128 said:
Trump isn't a racist.

Sure he was sued and settled a lawsuit saying he denied housing to African Americans.

But he went on to build a tremendous club in Palm Beach. Tremendous. It's a very wealthy area. Just terrific. It's the best. Very proud of it. AND he didn't exclude blacks and Muslims from getting in. Very proud of that. It's tremendous.

:D :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1474942461|4081135 said:
I'm watching the debate. I seriously doubt Trump will do another one after tonight.

Loved your last post Elliott

I'm watching it a bit late (hooray for youtube). He literally says NOTHING of substance when he speaks. Just lie after lie after lie. PLEASE let the polls reflect that people watched this.

PS. I hope other people thought of this while watching. THEY TOOK OUR JOBS! 1124t1.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watched the whole thing. Only got defriended by two people on Facebook! :appl: :appl: :appl: :lol: :lol: :lol: Trump is a MORON. He lost sooooooo badly.

b37821b0-5bd4-0133-4cfe-0e3f8b958f63.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ Soxfan, that is AMAZING! :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched and I also watched a lot of post-debate discussion. The consensus appeared to be what I had thought myself: that although Clinton had done a better job, that Trump's base would be unaffected by his performance. They do not judge him by rational standards.Therefore I am not sure you can say that he lost. Because this debate wasn't scored in a school. And he probably will not go down much in the polls. He just will not gain new, suburban, female voters and undecided voters. They will be turned off by his aggressive manner towards Clinton, all the interrupting and so forth. Also they will be more likely to see that he was utterly confused in the latter half of the debate. It's sad, but his base is steadfast in resisting all reason.

AGBF

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I completely agree. Neither candidate "wins" or "loses" because it's all about perception. At this stage of the game, I highly doubt anyone is swayed one way or the other (unless there is someone who is truly on the fence). You either love a candidate or you hate them and a debate doesn't change that because you hear/see what you want to hear/see.
I ended up watching almost all of the debate and it did nothing for me (as I suspected). I still hate them both. Loathe them, actually. She's condescending, creepy, nasty, and super-sketchy and he's just a pompous, arrogant, ass with a complete lack of experience. I would agree that Hillary seemed to handle herself better at times (during the actual debate), but that means nothing to me because I would expect that she would with her experience. The one thing I came away with is that Hillary is just way better at hiding her true self than Trump is.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kills me, absolutely KILLS me is that even WHEN he releases his tax returns and they show that he didn't pay taxes (which he basically admitted last night,) the poor to middle class people who COMPLAIN about everyone on welfare "stealing their money" will STILL VOTE FOR HIM.

These people vote against their own interests EVERY time. I just don't get it. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I actually thought that it was quite clever of him to say that he'd release his tax returns when she released her emails :lol: :clap:
It's so painfully obvious that they both have plenty of skeletons hiding in their closets.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1474982391|4081231 said:
^I actually thought that it was quite clever of him to say that he'd release his tax returns when she released her emails :lol: :clap:
It's so painfully obvious that they both have plenty of skeletons hiding in their closets.

I see a difference between her calling on him to do what everyone running for president is expected to do and his bringing up the e-mails yet again. It was just another chance for him to be as nasty as he is. And he is a very, very nasty man.

E B

Ideal_Rock
soxfan|1474982156|4081229 said:
What kills me, absolutely KILLS me is that even WHEN he releases his tax returns and they show that he didn't pay taxes (which he basically admitted last night,) the poor to middle class people who COMPLAIN about everyone on welfare "stealing their money" will STILL VOTE FOR HIM.

These people vote against their own interests EVERY time. I just don't get it. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Exactly. And the odd thing is, it isn't even as though they're promised other Republican ideals. He's claimed to be a pro-choice, for example, far longer than he's claimed he's pro-life. He's held "liberal" views far longer than when he decided to become a republican when he knew he could ride the birther wave for attention. He will hold whatever position is best for him in that minute, period. A reporter said it best sometime yesterday: "He is a protest vote in and of himself."

He promised to release his tax returns 1) when Obama released his birth certificate and 2) when he ran for president. He NEVER will, because he's hiding some major shizz. I don't believe it's just one of the things speculated about, I believe it's most, if not all.

E B

Ideal_Rock
He actually bragged about holding back on throwing Bill's indiscretions in Hillary's face last night because "Chelsea was present," as if we should applaud his restraint. This path that he's started to walk down many times now makes him completely indefensible, even ignoring EVERYTHING ELSE that makes him indefensible. It is beyond disgusting.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1474984322|4081235 said:

I see a difference between her calling on him to do what everyone running for president is expected to do and his bringing up the e-mails yet again. It was just another chance for him to be as nasty as he is. And he is a very, very nasty man.

Yes, but why shouldn't he bring up the emails? I still find it relevant. I'm sure some people are sick of hearing about it, but that doesn't make it any less relevant (to me anyways). I don't see any difference in how they treated each other. She brought up old stuff and he brought up old stuff. It's all fair game. I see them both as nasty, nasty people, but she's just better at hiding her nasty.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1474982156|4081229 said:

This is so true.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Trump isn't a racist.

Oh, come on. This is a very progressive stand. In the 60s, that is.

Over all, I would say that the people who were voting Trump will still vote Trump after the debate. Those who would vote Clinton will still vote for her. As for the undecided, my guess is that most are just fed up with the whole circus.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Yes, I agree with your post.
And as far those like me who don't fall into any of those categories (Trump voters, Hillary voters, or undecided), I still plan on not voting for neither one after watching the debate :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1474985796|4081245 said:

Yes, but why shouldn't he bring up the emails? I still find it relevant. I'm sure some people are sick of hearing about it, but that doesn't make it any less relevant (to me anyways). I don't see any difference in how they treated each other. She brought up old stuff and he brought up old stuff. It's all fair game. I see them both as nasty, nasty people, but she's just better at hiding her nasty.

And I say, good for her!

momhappy, I find civilization to be based on people "hiding their nasties". I very much believe in people doing that. I do not think we need to show our true feelings at all times. Freud wrote a book called, Civilization and Its Discontents which is, essentially, about how humans must hide their nasties if they want to survive as a species. I believe that. And I also agree with Jane Austen, whom I have quoted here before, when she said, "Honesty is a much overrated virtue". I think that courtesy is based on our hiding our true feelings.

Just my point of view, of course.

Deb :wavey:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
MH, your analysis of the candidates is accurate, imo.
Hill did well putting Don on the defense, but both continue to present as unlikeable. He with his angry face and she with her smug one.
It will be interesting to see the polls in a few days.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think the polls will change. There was nothing new presented last night.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
C, you are probably correct, but Trump may lose his momentum.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1474991964|4081272 said:
momhappy|1474985796|4081245 said:

And I say, good for her!

momhappy, I find civilization to be based on people "hiding their nasties". I very much believe in people doing that. I do not think we need to show our true feelings at all times. Freud wrote a book called, Civilization and Its Discontents which is, essentially, about how humans must hide their nasties if they want to survive as a species. I believe that. And I also agree with Jane Austen, whom I have quoted here before, when she said, "Honesty is a much overrated virtue". I think that courtesy is based on our hiding our true feelings.

Just my point of view, of course.

Deb :wavey:

Oh, I agree. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to hide your nasty - as long as we can all see through it. Unfortunately, not everyone can see through Hillary and that's what I find particularly scary. At least Donald puts it all out there ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was Trump on that stage last night HC would be running off the stage within 15 mins of the debate. He have a lot of ammunitions and don't even know how to use it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1474995556|4081301 said:
If I was Trump on that stage last night HC would be running off the stage within 15 mins of the debate. He have a lot of ammunitions and don't even know how to use it.
Because he was too bragging about how great and wonderful he is to care about anything else.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1474989568|4081259 said:
Trump isn't a racist.

Oh, come on. This is a very progressive stand. In the 60s, that is.

Over all, I would say that the people who were voting Trump will still vote Trump after the debate. Those who would vote Clinton will still vote for her. As for the undecided, my guess is that most are just fed up with the whole circus.

100% agree. I neither saw nor heard anything different than the usual insults and rhetoric. I thought I would hear something that would change my mind of having no desire to vote for either one of them.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Was Trump having some type of breathing problems in the first 20 minutes? The sniffing sounds he made were distracting.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1474995364|4081298 said:
Oh, I agree. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to hide your nasty - as long as we can all see through it. Unfortunately, not everyone can see through Hillary and that's what I find particularly scary. At least Donald puts it all out there ;-)
What I find scarier than this is that "we" (American people) sheeple accept as the norm in our political arena that our candidates will be either subtle in their nasty or in your face with it. Those who are capable of seeing the nasty go :rolleyes: and move on; those who cannot see it wallow in a sty of ignorance, happy to absolve themselves of any responsibility for the status quo because they "don't/didn't" know.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59|1474998268|4081315 said:

Was Trump having some type of breathing problems in the first 20 minutes? The sniffing sounds he made were distracting.

Ruby, I was surprised that no one seems to have noticed before last night. The audible breathing has been happening for at least a few weeks.
While I think Trump is generally more robust than Clinton, she appeared in better shape last night.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1474998268|4081315 said:

He just doesn't have the stamina. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results