shape
carat
color
clarity

how much is sales tax in your area? we''re currently paying 7.75%...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
8% sales tax
9.75% food tax
Northern suburb of Chicago

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:36:53 PM
Author: Blair138
10.25% in suburban Cook(Chicago). It''s so bad that towns are talking about creating their own county just to get out of Cook because all we do is pay for the city. I live right near Lake County, so I bought a lot of my wedding related items in Lake and I go buy gas in Lake all the time too!

At least your property taxes are more reasonable in Cook Co. than in Lake! We couldn''t believe the difference when we were house hunting.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 8:05:50 PM
Author: Haven

10.25% in suburban Cook(Chicago). It''s so bad that towns are talking about creating their own county just to get out of Cook because all we do is pay for the city. I live right near Lake County, so I bought a lot of my wedding related items in Lake and I go buy gas in Lake all the time too!

At least your property taxes are more reasonable in Cook Co. than in Lake! We couldn''t believe the difference when we were house hunting.

True! I''ll be living in Kane with FI once we are married, my dad''s dream is to get the heck out of Lake/Cook one day...the taxes in this area in general are just nuts!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 8:08:05 PM
Date: 3/3/2009 8:05:50 PM
Author: Haven

True! I''ll be living in Kane with FI once we are married, my dad''s dream is to get the heck out of Lake/Cook one day...the taxes in this area in general are just nuts!

SO true, Blair! We are in HP (not sure if you''re close enough to "decode" my abbreviations
1.gif
) but we''re really close to Lake Cook Road, so we hemmed and hawed about buying in Cook Co. because of the taxes, but in the end DH said "It doesn''t matter! We''ll either pay in sales taxes, or property taxes." He''s right.
15.gif

But really, I could not love our town more, so we''re not going anywhere anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results