color
clarity

How much does your photographer charge?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
And what's included in the price?

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
First you need to know...I'm in Upstate NY and this is a small town photographer.

For $1600 (the most expensive packaged offered) we get:

Coverage by two photographers at ceremony, scenenic location, and reception
Coverage of bride and family preparing for ceremony
Candid photos taken throughout the day
Album with 250 4x6 prints
Special effects for select images
Leatherbound deluxe album with 24 8x10 prints of our choice
DVD of ALL images taken throughout the day in high resolution
DVD slideshow set to music
100 customized thank you photo cards
Release of all images to me

I chose him because he's really reasonable, locally known for a good reputation and gives me right to photos to print on my own. Hope that helps.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Florida $2,400

Three shoots engagement, wedding (3 photographers) and after wedding beach shoot. She also came to rehearsal dinner and took photos too. Not in contract but joined us.
DVD with all pictures and full rights.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Brooklyn, NY - $2,000

One photographer for 10 hours
DVD of images

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Tigarlily1|1309457952|2959240 said:
First you need to know...I'm in Upstate NY and this is a small town photographer.

I chose him because he's really reasonable, locally known for a good reputation and gives me right to photos to print on my own. Hope that helps.

This is great! I've been quoted 1500 euro for coverage during the day (getting ready, ceremony, scenic location, reception), by 2 photographers, with a DVD of low resolution images (which I could never print) and 200 13x18cm printed pics. No albums or anything. Oh, we do get a video of the day as well, though. Mind you, this is in a small town in Europe! I don't know. I kind of feel like I'm getting scammed.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I have seen prices from $1500-$10,000. it really varies with what is offered, how long the photographer has been in business, etc.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
It really depends on the photographer and the area. In my area (Virginia Beach, Va U.S.A.) the basic package range is anywhere from 1,500-4,000 so it varies greatly. My photographer is sort of starting out so for the whole day with a dvd of images and all rights it's $800 which is great. She did my friends wedding and her photos are just as good as some of the $4,000 photographers so I really lucked out. Check around in your area and see if there is a photographer who's trying to build their business. $1,500 really doesn't sound bad to me though if their good.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Grlsbestfrnd|1309463003|2959320 said:
It really depends on the photographer and the area. In my area (Virginia Beach, Va U.S.A.) the basic package range is anywhere from 1,500-4,000 so it varies greatly. My photographer is sort of starting out so for the whole day with a dvd of images and all rights it's $800 which is great. She did my friends wedding and her photos are just as good as some of the $4,000 photographers so I really lucked out. Check around in your area and see if there is a photographer who's trying to build their business. $1,500 really doesn't sound bad to me though if their good.

I'm afraid it's 1500 euro, not 1500 dollars.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, it's a habit to put in $ lol. I believe it's a little over 2000 in U.S. though if I'm not mistaken. I think that's a fair price as long as your happy with their work. If that's out of your budget still try a and find an up-and-coming photographer they are usually a lot cheaper.

$1500

9 hrs of photography
approximately 600 photos published to his website
145 4x6 printed images of our choosing in a not-so-fancy booklet thingy
$200 credit toward online ordering

The price for this package is actually $1800, but I told the photographer I could not afford it and he took $300 off. The only compromise was that he will stay for 9 hours instead of the package's usual 10. I think it was a great deal.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm in Philadelphia...$3,500 for 8 hours and 2 photographers present. I can't remember how many pics in the album (gotta check our contract again).

4ever

Ideal_Rock
$1050 NZD

Includes coverage from before the wedding (getting ready, first look etc) to we sit down to dinner.
60 digital images - all edited
Photoalbum with all 60 printed images
Online gallery of images

We will also probably pay $350 for her reception coverage
She will stay and take photos until after the first dance
Will add 10 extra images to the album and digital copies - all edited

We can buy any additional images for $20 each.

The major downside of this, we do NOT get every single image she takes, just the 60 or 70 included in the package (and any extras we choose to buy) and the photographer reserves the right to choose which photos are presented. We decided this was worth it considering how well priced she is and that we are having a very small wedding anyway (30 guests max).

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm in rip off Britain

£2500 gets me 2 photographers, an engagement shoot, at least 800 high res images on a disc but no album or prints.

My engagement photos were so good, I got people telling me ive never looked better, so I'm happy so far!

I'm not that bothered about prints as I tend to use digital photo albums.

ETA I also get cosmetic retouching on certain shots, she is really good at it too!

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
would you mind tell me the name of the photographer? I'm getting married next year in Upstate NY too and looking for a photographer now... thank you.
Tigarlily1|1309457952|2959240 said:

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
$3k in Hudson Valley NY. 10 hours on wedding day w/main photog plus 2 assistants, engagement session, image gallery for 6 months, CD of images and rights at 1 year anniversary.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1309498772|2959666 said:
I'm in Philadelphia...$3,500 for 8 hours and 2 photographers present. I can't remember how many pics in the album (gotta check our contract again).

In NYC metro area we paid about the same... 4,500.

2 photographers all day from getting ready to end of reception
700 proofs in a book
DVD of all pics (high resolution)
100 thank you cards
Engagment photo session
photoeffects
Bride & Groom 12x12 photoalbum - yearbooks style with 85 main photos (background is made of phots of dress, venue, program, etc)
2 parent albums that are identical to Bride & Groom album by in 8x8 size

more, but can't remember off the top of my head-!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
$3,500 - $5,000 in Charlottesville, VA...

9 hours, 2 photographers, a disc with all the pictures, an album and a bridal shoot or an engagement session

Photographers are SO expensive!!!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to threadjack but I just saw this - Girlsbestfriend - I'm from VB, too!!! Small world...

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
$2500 is getting us an engagement session, photographer all day (3h before ceremony until whenever we like) all 4x6 proofs, online images and a low Res DVD,a leatherbound 12"x12 fancy designed memory book of 36 images, (2) leatherbound parent books of 18 pictures they select, a 20x24, (2) 16x20, (2) 8x10, (7) 5x7 for bridesmaids and 100 4-picture "thank yous" in postcard format. Whew!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Two years ago, $1450 got me all of this in Central PA:
-one photographer, no time limits or number of venue limits
-all hi-res photos on DVD with copyright release
-engagement photo session with DVD/copyright release
-400-500 4x6 photos printed in a really nice coffee table-style proof book
-one-song DVD slide show with highlights
-online hosting and ordering

In fact I actually got a free upgrade to a 2-photographer package that costs over $2000 because they had a trainee acting as my 2nd photographer. Booyah!

I checked the photographer's site and the cheaper package is now $1600, which I still think isn't too bad.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ours is $1,050 and includes 4 hours of coverage, 250 edited high res images, and a bunch of prints. Um, not sure how many, but enough.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ours was shockingly low I guess. We got married in NY (near Niagara Falls) and the photographer was a former student of my MIL but mine was...$400 total. :rodent: It only included 3 hours, one woman (the main photog), editing of all of the images, a high resolution CD with reproduction rights and she also is uploading them to her website so we can share with family/friends more easily. It worked for us because we had a friend of the family as a videographer and another friend of the family is a retired photographer so we still have TONS of high quality pictures from the reception (though I haven't seen them all yet, waaah!).

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1310057401|2963858 said:
Autumnovember|1309498772|2959666 said:

In NYC metro area we paid about the same... 4,500.

2 photographers all day from getting ready to end of reception
700 proofs in a book
DVD of all pics (high resolution)
100 thank you cards
Engagment photo session
photoeffects
Bride & Groom 12x12 photoalbum - yearbooks style with 85 main photos (background is made of phots of dress, venue, program, etc)
2 parent albums that are identical to Bride & Groom album by in 8x8 size

more, but can't remember off the top of my head-!

Sorry our album is 200 pics- our patents is the same.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
We just received our final deliverables from our photographer, so here's what we got (because we booked nearly a year in advance, we received 2010 pricing...she's since increased her prices a bit and slightly changed her packages):

$2600 in Kansas City, Missouri
*engagement session (~2-2.5 hours)
*DVD in keepsake tin of all images from engagement session, with copyright release (~180 unique images and an additional ~30 images also presented in B&W)
*2 photographers, unlimited hours on wedding day (We used our primary photog from 10:30A-9:30P and the second shooter from 11:30A-9:30P)
*DVD in keepsake folio of all images from wedding day, as well as a backup set of DVDs, with copyright release (1537 total images, some of which are duplicates in B&W, but not many, so probably 1500 unique images)

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
For the cost of getting her and her hubby to our destination for 4 nights (it worked out to about $2k) we got:

An engagement session, all high res image files, an album, free matted 8x10.

Full wedding coverage, all high res images, wedding album, free matted 8x10.

Trash the dress shoot in Hawaii, all high res images, an album, free matted 8x10, and any additional coverage in Hawaii on excursions as long as we cover their cost (we're not going to do this though).

We made out because she's really looking forward to the trip, and it's such a low key wedding (8 people including the two of us) that she really only spends about a half day of work on the wedding day, and an hour or two the morning after the wedding, but the rest of the trip is hers to enjoy.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Ours was 3k for a wedding book, full wedding day of shooting, and engagement shots with an engagement book.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results